Sunday, September 23, 2012

Model Baby

SONY DSCYou know that life reality where each child after your first gets less attention, less time with you, less spoiling and far less documentation? All that is true for sweet little Bennett. 

SONY DSC

Except the documentation part.

SONY DSC

Thanks to my life-changing iPhone, and specifically Instagram (How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!), Bennett has just as many pictures, if not more, than Anderson and Max.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

Bennett also had a professional newborn photo shoot.  My talented friend Diana took these beautiful shots when he was three weeks old.  I never did professional shoots with Anderson or Max.  Lucky baby!

SONY DSC

I had many grand visions of how I wanted this shoot to go down.  I had dreams of what I hoped the pictures would look like. 

SONY DSC

Diana was so cooperative in making my dreams come true.  She understood my vision, was fun to work with and had fantastic ideas.  I am SO happy with the results.  A million thanks Diana!  Love, love, love your work!

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC(41 of 44)

It didn’t hurt that I had some new furniture to play with.

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC SONY DSCSONY DSC SONY DSCSONY DSC SONY DSC SONY DSCSONY DSC SONY DSC

My two favorites are below. The first is the picture we choose for the front of Bennett’s birth announcement.

converted.bennet.frontpage

And this is the back. Props to Harley who took my idea and nailed it with this design.

safe.margins.Bennet.announcement.back.page

I’m so happy with it we’re putting it on a canvas in his nursery.  (We’re a little canvas obsessed.)

I shot some of my own pictures after Diana left.  I certainly don’t have her amazing skills, great eye or fancy lens, but I like the way some of them turned out.

DSC_0010-001DSC_0062DSC_0012DSC_0012-002Dear Krysta Crane: Totally tried to rip off your awesome announcement here. Totally didn’t work.  Love, Struggles and her Looong Baby and Slippery Blanket.

DSC_0064DSC_0078That monkey fur above?  It’s one of my favorite things about newborns. It’s like their own built in blanket.  Perfect for super soft snuggling.  Bennett’s is all but gone now.  Sniff, sniff. 

DSC_0063-001Good thing I have so many pictures.

DSC_0054-001

12 comments:

Crystal said...

adorable! Really! I loved the announcment too! My kids are the same way. My first has maybe 10 pictures a month. my third has more like 100 a month. We'll blame it on technology when they ask why they are not loved as much as their younger siblings :)

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

So Beautiful! You got some really good ones too. Love the back hair pic. And the one on the chair with the blossoms through the window. So precious. Love him.

Mom said...

You have so many good pictures that captured his essance. I also love the one with the blossoms throught the window. Also love your birth announcement. Love you Bennett!

Mike said...

I have decided that Bennett is really a cute little guy. I really like your announcement with the "I am a child of God" theme. And I really like the shots that are in color.

Love Dad

Codi said...

These are all so beautiful!! I love them, and I loved his announcement He is an adorable boy just like his brothers!!

Lisa LaBanc said...

The last picture is so pretty with the pink flowers in the background! I at first thought it was a painting. That is so fun to have a professional shoot with your friend. The pictures you took look good too

Ming said...

These all turned out so great! I LOVE the color of that blanket and all your furniture props look so great. These really did turn out beautiful. It helps that the subject is SO CRAZY ADORABLE! So many fun different poses and the announcement....amazing. I love your vision. I love that Harley made it come true. I love your creativity. Love it all pretty much. :)

Ali Snow said...

Great pictures. Each time I look at them I like them more and more. I want to meet this little guy so badly. I love the BHK one - so artistic.

Suzette Selden said...

So cute! He is absolutely adorable.

Kell's Belles said...

Such great pictures! And I'm so relieved you left his diaper ON for all of the pictures (especially the ones on your new gorgeous chair!). Naked baby pictures make me so uncomfortable because I worry about accidents. I know. I'm crazy!

Bennett looks so sweet and chill. I can't wait to meet him!

anna banana said...

Such a darling baby! Instagram is awesome for documenting baby life! I love it! He is beautiful!

Librarian's Sugar Daddy said...

So I meant to say this two months ago, but I absolutely loved that baby announcement! I took pictures of it before I saw it on your blog so I could always remember it (you know how things walk when you've got little hands around). Totally my favorite announcement ever.
-Gwendolyn