Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Q&A: Anderson, 4 Years Old

Anderson had an awesome 4th birthday.  Details in a coming post.DSC_0088-001 
I (read: Pinterest) had this genius idea to interview my birthday boy.  The idea is to start when your child turns 3, ask the same questions every year, record them and marvel at how he changes.  We’re starting at 4 since the idea just struck me (read: my board).
 
1. What is your favorite color?  Red. Bright red.
 
2. What is your favorite toy?  Puzzles.
photo 200 pieces.  “For ages 8+.”  It took him a few days and round 1 had some help from me (Newsflash:  I am not good at puzzles) but today he completed it all by himself.  He’s serious about this puzzle stuff.
 
3. What is your favorite fruit?  Grapefruit.
 
4. What is your favorite TV show?  “Horton Hears a Who.”
 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Corn Dogs.
 
6. What is your favorite outfit?  Batman shirt and my warm pants.
 
7. What is your favorite game?  Candyland.
 
8. What is your favorite snack?  Marshmallows.
 
9. What is your favorite animal?  Co-Coke and a giraffe.  (Co-Coke is the squirrel who hangs out at our house every day.  Anderson has adores him, seeks him out, defends him when Harley accuses him of getting into our trash, named him and has deemed him the 5th a member of our family.  For the record the moon is the 6th member.  “Because he’s always there with us.  Every night.”)
 
10. What is your favorite song?  Nephi’s Courage.
 
11. What is your favorite book?  Creature ABC and PJ Funnybunny.
 
12. Who is your best friend?  Ethan.  And Des and Madeleine.
 
13. What is your favorite cereal?  Crunchy ones that don’t get yucky. (Honey O’s)
 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Sidewalk chalk and play balls.

15. What is your favorite drink?  Sprite.  And juice.
IMG_1577
Anderson got to drink an entire can of Sprite on his special day.  It was a big, ceremonious deal.
DSC_0037-001

16. What is your favorite holiday?  Easter.

17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  My airplane.

18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Tuna Fish.  (We never have it for breakfast but he and Harley have it every Sunday after church.  See above photo for evidence.)

19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  Hamburgers.  And eat them outside when it’s dark.
DSC_0102-001Turns out our buns had mold.  Whoops.  We subbed with bread.

20.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  Five.

21.  What are you are really good at?  Playing with Max.

22.  What do you need to work on?  Putting on my shirt.

23.  What do you like best about being a big brother?  Running with Max and chasing him with my airplane.

24.  What is your favorite restaurant?  Cafe Rio.

25.  What is your birthday wish?  I wish that we can be for families forever. (This wish moment actually happened.  Spontaneously.  Video coming.)

  DSC_0109-001 
Stats:  42 lb, 42 in.

We sure love you Birthday Bug!

10 comments:

Ali Snow said...

I like that he wants to be 5 when he grows up. What a cute kid.

Derrald said...

Anderson is awesome. You guys had better be in town when we come to DC this August (4th through 8th), we needs some King time.

Rachel said...

Oh I LOVE this!! So fun! I also love that picture of him and Harley eating tuna and clinking their soda cans. happy birthday, Anderson!!

Ming said...

Okay I'm doing this for Jack immediately. Love all these answers! Such a cute little guy. Love that Anders!!

Mike said...

Happy Birthday Anderson and I hope your 5th year is as good as your 4th one. (I read your book about your 4th year and all of the things you did)

love Grandpa Mike

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

What a great idea!! I love it. His answers were adorable. Just like him. Love you AB!!

Joo Lin said...

So fun! Funny that I was just asking Seoul a bunch of these questions today and thought I should record the answers. You are so on top of things! Great pictures, as always. He is such a handsome, smart, big boy - be proud!

Kara said...

I absolutely love this. Saw it on Piterest awhile ago too and told myself I needed to start doing it. What a great kid you've got there:) Happy birthday big boy!

Mom said...

I love you Anderson, I hope you had a fun birthday. I got you thank you card in the mail today, you have such good manners and always remember to send us thank you notes. I loved the picture you colored.

Lisa Weiler said...

I love that idea of interviewing the birthday boy!