Monday, June 27, 2011

One

One year ago today.

DSC_0225

DSC_0229

He still snuggles me. Just like this. Thankfully now his face is fatter and mine is slimmer.

Some 365 days later…

DSC_0017-1

More here.

DSC_0003 DSC_0032 DSC_0033

In honor of ONE I’ve only fully cried ONE time today. This is impressive, considering I’m super weepy. I feel so differently about Max turning one than Anderson turning one. I could blame it on a lot of things. My mom got an earful of those things this afternoon, but still, I can’t quite identify my feelings today.

DSC_0008-2

Any one else out there spent their 2nd child’s 1st birthday bawling?

I love, love, LOVE you Maximuso! Happy Birthday my sweet baby.

DSC_0028-2

8 comments:

Crystal said...

It has been a lot harder for me to have Sam grow up than Kate too. The 1st we had all the new and exciting firsts to look forward to with growing up, now that we have done them once, we just want our babies.

Sarah S said...

I cried hard the night before both of my kids' first birthdays. Not as much for their second birthdays. I think it's bittersweet to see your babies go through so much growth and change in that first year and to accept they are going to keep growing and getting older! Happy Birthday to your beautiful Max.

Joo Lin said...

Happy Birthday Max! I love that you dress them in button-down collared shirts. Max is a cutie! Oh, how time does fly... it's going much faster for my second than my first.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day. I would love to hear about it. Love me my Max. HE's such a big, sweet birthday boy. Can't believe all the triplets are turning one. You better believe I'll be crying on Sept. 1st.

Kara said...

Oh what a hunky little guy- I love Max! For one so weepy at the littlest things, I'm surprised I didn't cry as they turned one. I was just excited to party I guess:)

Ming said...

Adorable little (read big) Max!!!

I have no thoughts as of yet on the feeling sad bit...talk to me in just over a week. :) I'm sorry you were sad though. You know what the cure is for feeling sad your baby is growing up right? ;)

Can't wait to hear all about the day. Love you.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, what a CUTIE! Can't believe he is 1. It is bittersweet, isn't it, when your babies grow up? Enjoy those chubby snuggles!!

anna banana said...

Love that last picture in BW of his eyes. Nice.

I definetly have had a harder time with my younger ones growing up. With the first it is all so exciting and you want them to be the big sibling, with the other ones you feel like you are losing your babies. Each one.

Sometimes I dont know who I feel more sorry for. The oldest child who I want to grow up faster, so he can be more responsible etc, or the younger one who I want to pretend like they are still a baby. FOREVER. Ha.