Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Uncle Tom

DSC_0061-2

My brother had an internship with Potomac Advocates in DC. He moved here in January (on my birthday!) and left earlier this month. It was awfully nice having family here for four months. My kids love Uncle Tom.

We had great times touring museums, visiting the zoo and celebrating holidays together.DSC_0013-1

Waiting for Tom

DSC_0007-1

DSC_0017-1

Spotting the sloth bear

DSC_0014-1

I’ve decided I really like birds. Especially this one. Go ahead and blow this bad boy up. So intricate. So gorgeous.

DSC_0033-1 DSC_0040-2

Love me some orange flamingos too!

DSC_0047-1

DSC_0056-1 Tom is always a huge help pushing the stroller. He’s having a great time, even though his face doesn’t show it.

It was special to have a family member party with us on Anderson’s 3rd birthday.

DSC_0225

DSC_0129DSC_0130

Tom and his girlfriend joined us for Easter. The Bunny put Tom and Carrie to work hiding eggs.

DSC_0569-1 DSC_0531

DSC_0556-1 DSC_0557-1

DSC_0560-1

DSC_0518

On his last night in DC, Tom had a sleepover with Anderson. Anderson was so excited to have a bunk mate and talked to Tom for a long time before they fell asleep. Come on, you don’t actually sleep at a sleepover, right?DSC_0120 DSC_0123

And, Tom babysat for us twice during his four month stint out here. That was awesome. Thanks Tom!

P.S. Harley’s garden is insanely amazing! He’s planted over 90 things. Also amazing: our new grill handed down from ward peeps preparing to move.

DSC_0010 DSC_0011 DSC_0012DSC_0017

8 comments:

Crystal said...

that garden is amazing, epescially since it is mostly in buckets. What fun to have a brother so close.

Ming said...

Go Harley! Love the garden. Hooray for Uncle Tom! Considering you live on the opposite side of the country from your family you've now had a sister and a brother live fairly close to you. So great.

It just hit me...Max looks like a cabbage patch doll. SO adorable!!!

Ali Snow said...

Tom is a fun Uncle. He really loves his nephews and neice. I love that they had a sleepover. I wonder if he'll ever read this post...

Harley - your garden is AMAZING!!! Will you come plant one at my house? It's an idea we've been toying with but don't have the motivation/know how to get started.

anna banana said...

That garden is amazing! Will Harley come plant for me?

Nice work Tom! Glad you got to have family close, and I totally agree with Mindy on the Cabbage Patch thing. So cute!

ps. counting down the days to codycoma...just sayin...

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh I love this post!

Anderson looks so big in that double stroller. And do you really buckle him all the way up like that? I don't even do the top straps for Sawyer and sometimes don't buckles lincoln at all.

So many good pics. Both the ones of you and Tom are great. Love his tie on Easter and your dress. And still just love your bangs. So many cute pics of him and the boys. I bet Anders did love having a sleep over.

Jessica Taggart said...

I also am looking forward to the Codycoma....

LOVE that Tom got to spend some time with his nephews. Doesn't it just seem like yesterday that he was getting armpit hair? LOL

Gwendolyn said...

Love those zoos--and I'm glad to see Max is happy to take his naps wherever he can get them. And wow, Harley, great garden!

jaredandmatisse said...

Does Uncle Tom have a cabin? Your little Anderson is 3??? What a darling child. I love the rug burn, I want one if he has one (j/k).