Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One More Party in February? Shore Thang.

Two days after returning home from our Febcation in Utah we travelled to Cambridge, MD. What was I thinking? I guess I was thinking a 4-day weekend in a big, beautiful beach house on Maryland’s Eastern Shore with four other families would be fun. And it was fun. It was just a little crazy (and challenging, and chaotic) for everyone too. But we’ll focus on the fun. We gamed, we played, we ate, we talked, we laughed. I think most of us slept. We’re lucky to have these good friends.

DSC_0236

No big deal. We stayed here. Our backyard was the beach. Too bad it was really cold and windy.

DSC_0016

This is the best I got for a group picture. Matt & Ligia, Sean (Hi Crystal! Yes, what a small world!) with Asher, Adam & Maricel, Shauna, Harley, Heather with Andelyne. Missing: Me, Jake and a half dozen kidlets.

DSC_0028

DSC_0189DSC_0029 DSC_0049

Ligia might kill me for posting this picture of her, but I think it’s funny (the good kind of funny) and so symbolic of her awesomeness that weekend.

DSC_0058

I’ll make it up to her by posting this fabulous picture of her daughter shakin’ what her mama gave her. This girl’s hips do NOT lie.

DSC_0062 DSC_0065 Madeleine is SO CUTE with Max. Even when she’s fighting a double ear infection.

DSC_0014

So is Tade. He rolled balls to Max. Then he organized and instructed “Ninja School” for Anderson and his buddies. DSC_0119

DSC_0068

DSC_0078

This is my Beaches shot with Mari. Two friends, looking a little… delicate, is that the word?… all bundled up in chairs by the beach. Kind of, right?

DSC_0145 DSC_0146 DSC_0150

DSC_0101-1

Tall reeds, blue sky, cute baby… you bet your bottom dollar it inspired a photo shoot.

DSC_0093-1 DSC_0106-1 DSC_0127-1 DSC_0130-1

DSC_0140

DSC_0139-1

DSC_0159Good (future) boy scouts practice on dry land first.

DSC_0165DSC_0197

DSC_0196 DSC_0201 DSC_0206 DSC_0219

I rode a bike for maybe the third time in the last decade. It looks like I’m out of control but I assure you, I wasn’t. I was weaving the rocks people. Promise. I gotta get a bike. It’s so fun!

DSC_0245

Let’s talk about Harley, his hair, his shoes and his closed eyes. Actually, let’s not.

DSC_0192

They’re gonna get married someday.

DSC_0235

DSC_0223

DSC_0228

This trip was very different from the last trip we all took together. Namely the weather and number of children. But other things remained the same. Namely Adam’s newlywed game that leaves everyone in stitches. This group is about to see many changes: new babies (twins!) and a move (to Albania!). It all called for one last hurrah. On Eastern Shore. Hurrah!

DSC_0236

9 comments:

Lisa Weiler said...

those are some really cute pictures!

Adam E. said...

Thanks Wendy.

Making great posts of our vacation so we don't have to.

Ligia said...

you're SO lucky that I love you so much because if I didn't we might just be fighting over that hideous picture! (Side note: for people who don't know me, you'll see that I'm a decently cute girl if you click on my profile pic). JK about the side note...kind of :o)

Ok, now that I've got that out of the way with, I could not help but laugh at the first candid group shot of most of us. We look so dead!! And way to make up for the hids pic by posting pics of my cute little girl. So glad to know that we're both on the same page about Anderson and Madeleine's future as husband and wife. Too cute! Awesome house with fabulous friends. What more could we ask for?! Also, adorable pics of Max's photo shoot! Lastly, dare I say that our next trip should be at OBX??? Not it (you know what I mean :o) ).

Ming said...

So fun! That house looks awesome!! I love the rafting pics. All those kids in the boat is pretty awesome. Love the photo shoot of little Max. Cute little guy. Way to MTM your February! (and lets be honest your life:))

Crystal said...

Lots of great shots of flying max! Looks like a fun trip- as always.

Mom said...

Love the pictures of Max!

Kara said...

Favorite picture- first one of you and Max- sepia. Gorgeous. Please frame it.
Looks like such a fun trip. I feel like you need to lay down and take a nap for the next 2 months, though. (But after TTL next Friday).

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh, my favorite part is the "lets talk about Harley's hair, eyes, and shoes....or let's not" I love Harley!! Looks like a cool place. You guys are such party animals with so many fun friends. Cute pics of you and Max on the beach too.

jenn said...

Wendiline- your kids are SO beautiful. I totally read your blog, I hope you know! I love to see what you are up to. I can't believe how handsome those two gents are! I miss you. I am glad you had so many fun travels, and are now able to relax a minute. Love you woman!