Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Febcation Part I

My mom wanted one thing for her birthday: a party with all her grandkids. So she brought her grandkids (and their moms) home to Utah in February and we had one big party. Mom, Dad, 4 sisters (brother interning in DC missed out) and 5 grandkiddos 2 and under. 16 days. I am telling you: PAR-TAY. DSC_0198

DSC_0082

DSC_0175

IMG_3469

DSC_0060

DSC_0363

DSC_0309

We went swimming. Hannah’s swimsuit was adorable.

IMG_6754

IMG_3522

IMG_3534

IMG_6757 DSC_0147

IMG_3544 IMG_3551

Then we went sledding. Naturally.

DSC_0312

DSC_0315

IMG_6787Cheryl led us in yoga. Anderson stuck with her the entire routine and stayed on for body attack. Yes, I am in there. Doing yoga. Okay, so Anderson and Cheryl have better form than me, but I think I beat Lincoln.

DSC_0204DSC_0215DSC_0212

I saw some of my favorite non-family people. DSC_0241 DSC_0247

Kelly Wendy

Batemans/Zimmers and, um, MY IN-LAWS. Yeah, saw them too. Sadly, no pictures.

Seven of us received haircuts. I got bangs!

DSC_0098

DSC_0222

DSC_0012

Cheryl & I tried Jamberry Nails. They are work to get on but oh so trendy and fun!

DSC_0268 DSC_0270 DSC_0297

We had a Sisters’ Love Party on Valentine’s Day with the babies, balloons and Brad.

DSC_0368

DSC_0380 DSC_0388 DSC_0394

DSC_0414

DSC_0433

We went to BYU for the Carl Bloch exhibit and L&T wraps. Check out my future Cougar.

DSC_0519

DSC_0528 DSC_0529

IMG_3805

Allison took Anderson on a special outing to the Bean Museum. Just the two of them. I love these pictures she took of him.

IMG_3789 IMG_3794 IMG_3796

It was great. It was tiring. It was fun. It was a lot of work. Every. single. child. got. sick. Plus Papa. And Ali. But mostly it was a LOT of cuteness. Guess that’s what you get when three cousins are born within 16 weeks of each other. CUTE.NESS.

DSC_0229

The Triplets: Max 7.5 months, Sawyer 5.5 months, Hannah 9 months

DSC_0052

IMG_3630

DSC_0139

DSC_0511

IMG_6813

One night I had an I-am-so-traveled-out-and–DONE-being–a-single-parent-of-two-sick-kids meltdown. Would you believe I sobbed about all of it while Max tanked THREE CONTAINERS of stage 2 baby food caked with rice cereal in one sitting, while Anderson whined he wanted to go home, while Cheryl and Mom laughed at me? Believe it. But at the end of the day and at the end of the drama, I just love these people and they make it worth it.

DSC_0112 DSC_0128 DSC_0360

DSC_0173

DSC_0345

DSC_0357All that and a bag of chips doesn’t even cover my two FAVORITE things that happened during the trip. Nope. But I think they’ll require a part two. I’ve hit my picture max and the slowness of Live Writer is k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. So jump here. Part Two. See ya there.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Wow I am tired all over again and I haven't made it to the next post. We did have a lot of fun!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

What is that face I'm making in the pictionary picture with Lisa?

I love the pics of Anderson working out. That was so fun. He's so cute.

The nails pic of your hand with your feet in the background is cool. I feel like you can't really see the nails in my pic. Thanks to Mindy for that if your reading this comment Mindy! I love them. My toes are still on!

Good times. I miss you and your boys.

Ali Snow said...

I love the triplets. The V-day pictures are super cute.

jaredandmatisse said...

Oh so CUTE! I love the BYU pics of Anderson. I adore your bangs, Wendy (why do I have to have a silly cowlick in the center of my forhead?) Your little Hannah is absolutely tutu adorable! Can I be in your family for just one day. You have so much FUN!

lys said...

I love all your pictures from parts I and II. You always tell the best stories and you always have the best pictures.

I always look forward to your posts about your family get-togethers because I get to live vicariously through you for a moment. How much would I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have THREE sisters?!!!! And, even more so, sisters with kids the same ages as my kids?!!! How totally amazing would that be?!! Oh my goodness, I just can't imagine.

You have such a beautiful family and I love that you do so many things together. Please keep up your ____cations so that I can continue to be completely in awe (and completely jealous). :)

Also awesome: a mom that reads your blog and makes comments too. Wow. You've got it good, girlfriend.