Thursday, January 20, 2011

Season Set: Winter 2011

DSC_0112-1

A few months ago, I made a goal to dedicate a full morning to playing and shooting outside every season. I want each of Maryland’s extreme, beautiful times of year to leave an imprint on Anderson’s mind and on my lens. After said morning, I select a set of four shots and frame them in my “seasons frame” in the kitchen. (This is actually the hardest part. Taking pictures is easy. Pouring over them, editing them, selecting them, ordering them, picking them up, blah, blah… this is why I struggle updating picture frames. I am trying to do better. This project is helping me.) I did my first set in the fall. I have loved looking at those pictures every time I do dishes, which is a lot. Last week I did winter. Here’s my new set.

January 2011

And here are some others. Because I just love them. And him.

DSC_0001

DSC_0038-1

DSC_0105-1

All shots were taken in our backyard. Our backyard! Still can’t get over it.

10 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

I love the comments like "OUR BACKYARD, I still can't believe it" that make it sound like you've been living in a Chinese prison for the past 7 years. :)

Great pictures!

Kaija said...

I love your season sets! And I can't believe how beautiful Anderson is in the snow. And the fact that it is winter everywhere but Cali. Feeling practically like summer at 67 degrees in Sant Cruz today!

Harley King said...

next spring: me, in the nude.


...in our backyard.

anna banana said...

Nice Harley! Can't wait for those!

Love the first one you put up with his eyes all lit up, and I love his bright (old BYU) blue snow clothes. :)

Ming said...

I have more of a hate than love relationship with Glee, but I will admit that number you put on your fab right now is pretty great! Wasn't it you who hated that song when it was popular? Am I remembering right? Glad to see you liking it...at least in some form. ;)

Okay on to the fabulousness that is these pics! So proud of you for keeping this up. The pics are wonderful! You really are talented. I already can't wait for the spring pics...I see cherry blossoms in your future.

Mom said...

Nice job Wendy, the pictures are very artistic. Anderson is so cute!

Jess said...

What a great idea! I might have to steal it. :) Though our seasons aren't quite as interesting...

Ali Snow said...

I too love the Glee song.

Great pictures. Great colors.

Harley's comment makes me very uncomfortable :)

Jessica Taggart said...

I can't wait for the spring edition...

Sarah S said...

Fun pictures!! And I love that you switch them out each season - we still haven't put our frames up on the walls in the family room and the current pics in them seem outdated already (from last summer). Silly when I could have been enjoying them this whole time! You are inspiring me to get them on our walls.