Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bad Blogging Disclaimer

So I had a babyEarly.  Have I mentioned this?  Yeah, sorry, I know I have.  I keep saying it because I can’t quite get over it.

I had every thing, day and minute leading up to my scheduled induction planned out.  There was going to be serious cleaning, organizing, shopping, projecting, beautifying and blogging before Max entered the world.  But then Max came 12 days before his due date and six days before my induction date, so none of that stuff happened.  But guess what?  The nesting instinct doesn’t automatically leave when your nest fills.  You still want to clean sweep your cupboards, buy a baby calendar and get a pedicure.  For two weeks I’ve slowly been checking things off my list, between resting and love, love, loving little Max… who’s right here, by the way.

DSC_0096 DSC_0085   I’m not the only one loving Baby Max.

So blogging.  I had two posts 90% finished pre-Max.  I just had to clean them up and hit publish, but I never did.  Now they feel horribly old, especially the one entitled, “Final Prego Thoughts.”  I’ve gone back and forth about whether to publish them.  It feels backwards (and pointless?) to finish them now.  But it feels wasted to leave them as drafts.  I took the time to write them.  The events and feelings definitely happened.  I finally decided they should see the light of the world wide web.  Even if no one reads them because they’re old.  Even if they only publish for my To Do List checking, record-keeping, personal sake.  So today I publish them.  Outdated.  Uncleaned up.  But here they are, times two, posted below.  For the record.  For my record.  Now maybe I’ll have the energy to tackle:  the birth story.  (I know you’re on the edge of your seat to read that one.)

P.S.  Max pics on Facebook here.

8 comments:

Harley King said...

But guess what? The nesting instinct doesn’t automatically leave when your nest fills. You still want to clean sweep your cupboards, buy a baby calendar and get a pedicure.

True that.

I've worked harder post Max cleaning stuff up than I did pre Max. Please can I get a break? Can we check off nesting?

Robyn said...

Great posts! Nesting is very important...before and after so keep working Harley!:) I had the same feelings with Sophia when I was having Oliver about it never being the same, just the three of us. But as you have already seen, how wonderful each addition to your family is. Still make time for special outings and playtime with Anderson, but know that giving him a brother to play with is the best gift you could ever give him! I am emotional these days too as we prepare for baby number FOUR! Seems crazy and I will miss Elliot being our baby but I know that they will love and adore their baby sister. I don't know what I will do though if she arrives 12 days early! You are amazing!

anna banana said...

I for one am very glad you did your past posts. THey were very enjoyable. I think I enjoy the last prego thoughts even more knowing what has happened since then. Hopefully no funyons happened. I like real onions, but those things are just nasty.

haleyhorrocks said...

Oh, Wendy! Congratulations on your successful delivery to a(nother) beautiful boy! I was sad to read about your Grandpa (and it brought back memories and emotions, as I had the same situation when I was pregnant with Kellan). Hope both your and Harley's (cold sore) recoveries are going well. We miss you guys!

Harley King said...

Wait, you had an early baby?

Dolphinsbarn said...

Remember how Max is totally popping his collar in that photo? He's all, "what? I don't have time for this. I gotsta eat and get back to the nursery, son!"

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh baby Max you are just the cutest. And Anders you are such a good big brother. I wish I could think Lincoln will be as soft and sweet with his brother. Can't wait to meet you Max!!

Doug and Leslie said...

Wendy he is so cute! Can't wait to meet him someday...