Monday, March 1, 2010

The Massiveness that was Utah: Part 3

We trekked to Jerome, Idaho for a week with the Kings. Have I mentioned I love my in-laws? Good, we have that covered. We ate great food. We opened presents. We played games, including “Guess My New Year’s Resolution,” which was quite funny with this group. We watched movies. We went to movies. We shopped. We laughed.

DSC_0465 DSC_0466DSC_0473

DSC_0670

Our most memorable event: sledding. The Kings are much better sledders than the Weilers. The Weilers use a kneeboard, some rope and muscles. The Kings use actual sleds, some rope and a 300 horsepower pick-up truck. The King way is much better. Almost everyone, including two pregnant women and my MIL with a bad knee, showed off mad sledding skillz. Very impressive.

DSC_0491 UtahTripChristmas2009-2

DSC_0506

DSC_0648 Anderson and his cold face were in top form.

This was the first time Harley’s entire family had been together in 3 1/2 years. It was wonderful to have everyone under one roof. Anderson’s favorite thing? Skeeter Reed, the dog. To this day when I ask Anderson what he dreams about he tells me, “Skeeter. Skeeter and Jeddie.” (Jeddie=Harley’s dad). We have this little exchange every morning. Every single morning.

DSC_0651 DSC_0652

DSC_0675 DSC_0678 DSC_0690

DSC_0688

We made a group schlep to Springville, UT to visit Debby’s parents and partake in the annual Hellewell Christmas Bingo Party/White Elephant Gift Exchange. Anderson found and LOVED Great-Grandma Jan’s marble works.

DSC_0718

DSC_0701

We attempted a family photo shoot. The silly shots outnumber the serious ones.

DSC_0719

DSC_0729

DSC_0732DSC_0730 Katie, Janna, Harley, Jim

DSC_0737 DSC_0741 DSC_0744 DSC_0749The whole family. Where applicable I will list our Texas-style names: Back Row L-R: Jim Ed, Wendy, Anderson, Harley Joe, Alex; Front Row L-R: Ed, Janna Gail, Debby & Kooter Lou

Next Christmas we’ll really get our southern on. There are big plans to spend the holidays with Ed’s extended family in Texas. Yee-haw!

Catch up on massiveness here. Just a little more massiveness still to come.

5 comments:

Harley King said...

I love sledding.

And that red shirt.

Ming said...

I love your in-laws too! That sledding looks legit. How can you look at those pics of Anderson with Skeeter and NOT want a dog? They are too stinking precious! The boy just wants a dog.

Ali Snow said...

Those cough drops are yummy but I don't think they really soothe the throat or calm the cough. I bought them with my cold and they taste like candy but that's about it.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

How much do I love that Anderson still dreams about skeeter. You guys need to get that boy a dog.

Mike said...

What a good looking family. Great to see pictures of Janna. I haven't seen her in a long time and she looks great. Thanks for documenting my life so well so I don't feel guilty about not doing a journal.
Love Dad (Mike)