Monday, February 22, 2010

The Massiveness that was Utah: Part 1

My biggest blog fans (hi best friend and Mom!) want to know when I’m going to blog about Utah. Okay, for you two supporters, I’ll do it! Yeah, yeah, it’s probably great to do it anyway for history sake. :) Don’t know how quality these posts will be, but something is better than nothing, right? Here we go.

We went to Utah and Idaho for 30 days over the holidays. We schlepped so much stuff. So. much. stuff.

DSC_0002

DSC_0004

One day we played in the snow. Back then we figured this was the best snow we’d see this season.

DSC_0102 DSC_0114 DSC_0110DSC_0085

DSC_0083

We made (read: burned) sugar cookies.

DSC_0063

We caught up with our dearest friends.

DSC_0033Palladio Peeps: The Chadwicks in their new, beautiful home

DSC_0018Childhood Bestie: Haley “Oscar” Mack

DSC_0031-1

2nd Chance Favorites: The Wickstroms in Becky’s new, AMAZING kitchen

DSC_0166-1Divas

DSC_0022Divas + Diva Disciples (WHO planned this shot?)

DSC_0421 The Team (Why are we addicted to pictures on stairs? Are we going to Prom?)

On Christmas Eve we played in more snow and went sledding (with a kneeboard). Except sledding was more like pulling and it became a battle of muscles between Papa, Ryan and Cheryl. Anderson wasn’t a fan of riding solo, but he loved riding partners.DSC_0199 DSC_0205DSC_0211

DSC_0272DSC_0261

DSC_0226

DSC_0221

IMG_5163

The whole fam damily went bowling.

DSC_0157 DSC_0161

DSC_0140

DSC_0189DSC_0190The ladies: Grandma, Cheryl, me, Ali, Lisa, Mom

DSC_0187The men: Dad, Ryan, Harley, Tom, Jonathan, Grandpa

DSC_0177The kiddos: Anderson & Lincoln

DSC_0195

Anderson had his first professional haircut.

DSC_0188-1 DSC_0186-1 BEFORE: Seriously, WHAT to do with the double cowlicks?

DSC_0189-1

DSC_0199-1

DURING: Would you trust a woman with purple streaks in her hair?

DSC_0201-1

AFTER

DSC_0202-1

Grammy and I celebrated Anderson’s milestone with pedicures next door. Gotta love one-stop-shop Walmart. It was my mom’s first ever pedicure! She was so impressed she sprung for a mani at the last minute.

Some days we partied so hard, we crashed like this.

DSC_0008

And every day we had general silliness.

DSC_0040

DSC_0196

DSC_0019 DSC_0424DSC_0219

Most of that was just the first week. More to come.

10 comments:

Claudia said...

I think you guys pack more fun into a week than I manage in an entire year! Glad you had a FABULOUS trip.

Ming said...

Hooray! You blogged about Utah. So fun. Love all the pics. Can't wait to read the rest. Fun to see the visual of all you told me about.

Jen said...

What a fun trip!

Codi said...

You're good! I couldn't bring myself to go back and blog about our 6 weeks in Utah... I know that
I will regret it.

It looks like you guys had the best time. Anderson is getting so big and still so very cute!

Harley King said...

Love my red cowboy shirt.

Harley King said...

Oh, and you and babe too.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

good times...good times. I think Anders' butt was a little cold and it was making him mad in the last one.

Rachel said...

your life rules! as does your blog. glad I got to see you in Utah! We are two states friends! and one district. and soon a third state when I go to your house in MD!

marti said...

You have so much fun with your family! You're so lucky! And Anderson did great through his haircut - Andrew screamed like crazy through his!

Carter said...

Man, I did NOT want to be in that shot. I wanted to TAKE the picture. Good grief.