Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Viva El Team

THEN:

old team THE TEAM 2004:  8 of 9 original members, a few wives and a date

 

NOW:

DSC_0699THE TEAM 2009:  4 of 9 original members, adopted member Chris, wives and 5 of 8 Teamsters (kids)

 

I have my Divas.  Harley has The Team.  Both are groups of friends formed our first year at college.  (Bless BYU.)  While I was wearing cucumber masks, mastering the art of flirting and choreographing lip syncs, Harley was playing Wiffle Ball, ensuring The Team had a free Sunday dinner invite and perfecting the game of Poo Dollar. (You don’t want to know.  Trust me.)  It may be a good thing we didn’t know each other back then.

We wouldn’t be who we are without the Divas and The Team.  These people are among our very best friends.  Lifelong friends.  The kind you simply cherish forever.

We don’t see each other nearly enough.  Back in January we decided it was time for a Team Reunion.  (Stay tuned for a Diva Reunion coming in May.)  Harley and I hosted a 3-day, 2-night Team Reunion at The Cabin in August.  The bad news is only half The Team was in attendance.  (Team=busy.)  The good news is we had a blast anyway.  We ate, we hiked, we gamed, we played and best of all we talked and laughed until the early hours of the morning.  Memories were relived.  Secrets were confessed.  Packs were made.  The Team lives on.  We sure do love our friends. 

DSC_0685Back L to R:  Dave Bateman, Drew Mann, Ben Zimmer, Chris Wickstrom,   Middle L to R:  Amanda Bateman, Kara Mann, Brynn Zimmer, Wendy King, Anderson King, Harley King, Becky Wickstrom                                                        Bottom L to R:  Spencer Bateman, Makenna Mann, Cooper Barnum, Jenna Barnum, Ryder Barnum, Garret Barnum, Kricket Barnum 

DSC_0653

                DSC_0621 DSC_0642

DSC_0620 

team1

last one  

DSC_0641   DSC_0650

     DSC_0700

DSC_0690

DSC_0587  These three guys and these three girls met, dated and married thanks to the BYU 191st Ward.  Here’s to you Bishop Whetten!

 

DSC_0705

DSC_0664 The Team (1/2 of them anyway):  Drew Mann, Harley King, Garrett Barnum, Dave Bateman, Chris Wickstrom & Ben Zimmer

DSC_0662   Teamettes:  Wendy King, Kricket Barnum, Becky Wickstrom, Kara Mann, Brynn Zimmer & Amanda Bateman 

Here’s the cherry on top:  the wives all genuinely like each other!  (Unless, that is, the joke’s on me.)  I look at these women and truly love each one of them.

DSC_0670 Teamsters:  Makenna Mann, Jenna Barnum, Anderson King, Spencer Bateman, Cooper Barnum & Ryder Barnum

 

DSC_0686

 

Badger, Ether, BC & Peter – we missed you!  Don’t worry, the Wickstroms have only kind of replaced you. :)

9 comments:

Kara said...

Fabulous post girlfriend! Such fun pictures and SUCH a fun Team Reunion. I love the "Then and Now" pictures- priceless. Thank the Lord for Freshman bonds. Thank Him also for our wonderful hubbies who brought us together :)

Ming said...

Love it! Darling post. Looks like it was a blast. Love that you call them teamettes and teamsters! Genius!

Brittany said...

Looks like you had a blast! Awesome post... I love the way you write! So good! Two places I swear you meet friends for life, college and your mission!

lys said...

You look really pretty in that green top in the second pic!

Lauren F. said...

Wow. I love The Team. Those faces bring back good ol' 191 memories.

Holly said...

This just made me totally laugh. Especially Harley's Sunday dinner invites! Being with most of those guys for two years in the 'hood' (and having them as my fhe brothers) - oh the stories I could tell. How fun!

Harley King said...

I dream of Team.

I look forward to the day when we can be roommates again.

Amber Snow said...

I'm so glad you are back from your staycation so I can finally catch up on your FABULOUS life. You look FABULOUS! Glad yall had so much fun out west.

Amanda said...

I love you. It's no joke =).

I love the team. How fabulous that we keep in touch and have such a great time together. I don't know where, but let's do that every year!

I'm so sad we missed the moose!