Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back from Blogcation

When you live in the East, a million miles from family, you gotta visit home. When you need girlfriends like you need water, you gotta make it a priority to see them. When you've been raised Weiler, you gotta get bang for your buck. The result: good, full, long visits West.


My latest Utah Staycation/BFF World Tour ended at 2:00 this morning. We definitely got bang (and weight gain... see FRN at left) this trip. Pictures and details to come when/if I drum up the energy to sort through the 1300 pictures on my camera.

The first two and a half weeks of the trip Harley was with us. The last three he wasn't. Anderson and I missed him. Like crazy. He seems to have survived without us. He even had the inspiration to completely redecorate the bathroom. (A serious upgrade from the balloon animal hobby he picked up last time we left him alone.) I was shocked to find new everything in our bathroom, plus a pile of thoughtful presents in the corner. He denies having any female input or guidance in this project. It was all him. His early (next week) anniversary present.




Old keyboard is for Anderson. Best toddler present ever.

In almost 8 years of knowing him, he never ceases to amaze and surprise me. I'm happy to be home with Harley.

15 comments:

Kara said...

So glad you're back! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Go Harley! What a rockstar husband for redecorating the bathroom. Who woulda thunk???

Wein said...

oh harley, so impressive!

janaemadsen said...

I love what harley did to the bathroom- he should come help me decorate mine

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Wow!!! GOod job Harley! I love the shower curtain. You are such a good hubby. Nice gifts too. THanks for sharing your wifey and baby with us for so long :)

Kaija said...

What an AWESOME husband! The bathroom looks GREAT!!!

lys said...

Aww, Harley is the cutest!

We can't wait for you guys to come back here. Let the Christmas countdown begin!!

marti said...

I'm very impressed with his decorating skills!

Jill said...

Welcome back and Harley, I'm impressed.

The balloon animal bit was funny though. One time when I was gone Andrew spent time learning magic tricks. . . .

Sarah S said...

Harley, you're awesome!!! I'm really impressed. New bathroom decor AND gifts are all pretty fantastic.

Wendy, good luck adjusting to life after the tour! I can't wait to see pics and read your recap.

Szobonya Bercel said...

Finally you're back! I missed you! :)
Can't wait for the pictures!
Harley, you did a great job! :)

Jessica Taggart said...

Remember Harley, you know who to call if things with the other diva don't work out....:)

Mom said...

Wow Harley, you've got skills!

Harley King said...

Wait till you see my kitchenz.

Brittany said...

Hooray you're back! Glad you had a great time... FYI I love fry sauce too! So good and so Utah!
Harley did a seriously fabulous job on that bathroom! Way too go! :)

Ming said...

Love it! Harley your talents never cease to amaze me. Love the new shower curtain...I bet you are glad to finally be rid of the shower curtain from the Rose House. Love the monogramed hand towel and pics on the wall. Were those cherry blossoms? So fun!