Tuesday, July 28, 2009

If the Shoe Doesn't Fit...



Dear Feet,

I love you, but you make being a Diva difficult. I know bigfootedness runs in the family, but unfortunately, it doesn't run in just about every shoe I love. In fact, I've pretty much stopped asking sales associates if they carry my size. They don't.


Dear Everyone Who Asks If I Avoid Heels Because Harley is Short,

It's hard enough to find cute shoes that A) fit and B) are affordable. I gave up on C) flat or low heeled, LONG ago. Plus, the truth is, the height thing doesn't really bother us anymore. You get over it after almost 7 years.


Dear Nordstrom & Nordstrom Rack,


Bless you, bless you, bless you for occasionally carrying my size. I have scored with you twice this summer. You are FABULOUS.


Dear Target,

You rocked my size twice this summer too. And you're a bargain! Thank you.


Dear Bank Account,

The bright side of my shoe saga is you have been spared. I love shoes, but I don't buy a lot more than I do buy thanks to my walking water skis.


Yours in (shameful) massiveness,
Size 11


14 comments:

Ming said...

I love your walking water skis! :)

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

At least you never had bunions that you had to get removed your senior year of high school so you where in a wheel chair for 3 months only to have them come back. I'm size 10 to 11 wide with bunions and scars.

Wein said...

haha, true what cheryl said, at least you didn't have to be in a wheel chair on a cruise too! i feel your pain sista. ps...you tube posted on your blog- awesome

Ali Snow said...

I commented on Becky's blog. Hope that's OK. Will she ambush me, please? I am the only female in our family who escaped the curse of the big foot. Size 8 1/2. Yet...for some reason I still don't buy many shoes - mostly because I need an ambush makeover.

Claudia said...

Dear Diva,
Sympathies on your shoes size, but major shout out for having the rest of your body looking like a size 4 in a bathing suit.

Jill said...

Ahh, big feet. I feel your pain. I keep trying to figure out if my girl's feet are going to take after my side or Andrew's side. I hope his.

Love that failblog.

lys said...

Oh, come on, 11 is not that bad! At least we can find shoes in stores. I have two friends who are 6 feet+ and wear a size 12. Try to find that size at Target!

p.s. At least clothes aren't a problem since you have a very small body to go with those big feet!

Mom said...

I invite one and all to join me in the beautiful world of BIRKENSTOCKS.
signed:
Happy Feet

Rachel said...

hahahahah...so glad I can relate. :) And I LOVE NORDSTROM RACK!

anna banana said...

I just love reading your blog, thanks for being entertaining.

Amanda said...

Wendy, you are beautiful, and hilarious. What a fabulous combination =).

Joo Lin said...

I feel your pain on the opposite end of things... try being a 4-5 girl-size shoe... yep, shoes with Hannah Montana on the side... and I'm 29. Mhmm...

becky said...

W2K,

You are so fab that I never even notice your so-called walking water skis. I do, however, notice that you always have fab footwear. You are a master!

xoxo

Lisa said...

I have exactly the opposite problem...try to find tennis shoes for girls that are size 4 that don't have sparkles or princesses on them! It's really hard to look sophisticated in little girls shoes :)