Monday, July 6, 2009

I LOVE this holiday

 

DSC_0198

 

Shopping, BBQ-ing, Friends, Swimming, Popsicles & Pies, Flag Ceremony, Ward Breakfast, More Shopping, Napping,

and then…

Dinner at the Capitol (it pays to know VP Joe Biden’s former aide who is now Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s speechwriter)

National Symphony Orchestra Concert featuring Jersey Boys, Aretha Franklin, Natasha Beddingfield & Barry Manilow!!

Fireworks exploding over Washington Monument

 

DSC_0003 DSC_0008

DSC_0011

DSC_0107DSC_0029

DSC_0066

DSC_0120-1DSC_0128

DSC_0135 DSC_0142 DSC_0155

DSC_0179

DSC_0193 DSC_0200 DSC_0250

DSC_0210

DSC_0237 DSC_0229

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0214

We had a *near perfect 4th of July weekend.

*It would have been perfect had Anderson not had THE. BLOWOUT. OF. HIS. LIFE. during the pre-concert drink and mingle. Of course, it happens in the U.S. Capitol. Of course, his shirt is white. Of course, I didn’t pack spare clothes. Of course, the first time in months we’re this dolled up and feigning fancy, I am zapped back to motherhood reality to deal with, well, crap.

*It would have been perfect had our our above mentioned aiding/speechwriting friend’s 16 mo. old not swallowed glass after biting on a champagne flute. Poor Thomas was rushed to the hospital (hence no pictures with our hosts, the Tillemanns). Thomas is okay, but the accident caused quite the frenzy with Capitol police.

 

**More pictures for non-Facebooking Grammy here.

25 comments:

Rachel said...

did you buy the yellow shoes???

Ming said...

Oh my gosh...seriously? Ate glass? Paramedics on the scene? Poor Tomicha and family.

Loved the well, crap comment :)

Great pics! So fun! I'm so glad you had that awesome opportunity to spend the 4th at the capitol.

lys said...

Looks perfect to me! I love that you have four different outfits on in one day! ;)

The picture of Harley throwing Anderson in the pool is fantastic.

Mom said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful family. Beautiful memories.

Emily said...

Well, okay, your life IS fabulous. My goodness! ;-)

Emily said...

P.S. Every picture of Anderson (i'm not kidding when I say EVERY picture) has me saying "Oh!"

He is completely delicious. I love the towel head--frame and hang.

Missy said...

Anderson is so big! He looks like a little man now, all grown up!

Amanda said...

I am so VERY jealous of your 4th! I say next year the Bateman's come to D.C. for this holiday!

Also, Anderson is SO adorable. And oh, the blow out! No, there are no time outs in motherhood, are there? =)

Wein said...

favorite holiday! so cool that you can be in DC for the fourth

Ali Snow said...

How many times did you change?

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, and Josh said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the one in the pool with Anderson in the air. Sorry about the poop explosion. I am glad you had a good holiday otherwise.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

I know what song your talking about that makes us cry. Proud to be an American. Did you cry on the 4th at all? I did. At my friends naturalization ceremony when they were welcomed for the first time as fellow citizens and the band started...the tears were following. God Bless America!

Sarah S said...

Darling darling boy! I know I commented on facebook, but these are great pictures. We love this holiday too!

And how did you get tickets to the Capitol celebration?? Could anyone go or was it tricky to get there?

Alex and Katie said...

so jealous! I wish we could have been there.

Laura said...

How do own 4 different adorable and holiday appropriate outfits?

Jess said...

What a fun weekend! I love the pic of Harley throwing Anderson in the pool. Perfect photographic timing!

Claudia said...

Your pictures are great, and the stories are even better. Here's an un-confirmed mom suspicion (based only on my own experience): toddler dunking=toddler swallowing pool water=toddler blowout. Just a thought when you are deciding who has to launder those clothes...

Nicole said...

It really is the best holiday ever. Pretty sure taking a friend from Amsterdam to the Stadium of Fire, dancing to the Jonas Brothers was one of my favorite moments. Hilar.

Miss you!

Kricket said...

WOW that's about all I can say. Oh and I noticed the cute shoes too!
Kricket

schwerwolf said...

What's a blowout? Is that when a tire goes flat without warning on the highway?

-Confused

JennyMac said...

Great family photos! And dinner at the Capitol sounds fab.

Ligia said...

looks like a blast! tons better than a measly evening with the McQueen's. There's no way we could have topped that. Love the pool pics.

anna banana said...

What a fabulous fourth!

Joo Lin said...

You look FANTASTIC! Your son is such a little stud :)

The Knisley's said...

You look FABULOUS! I love love LOVE this picture of you!