Thursday, July 2, 2009

And they wonder where he gets it

DSC_0248-3 My child at 9 months

wendy freaking out

Me at 9 years

My family loves this picture of me. They say it describes my personality perfectly. They love the juxtaposition of the opposite personalities of my sister Cheryl and cousin Julie in the background. I remember this moment very clearly. We were in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon in Orlando. I loved the water and had been having a great time, but I wanted to get out. (To use the bathroom maybe? I don't recall specifics other than it was urgent.) I kept missing the exit where our family was camped (by the bathrooms) and told myself to be sure to stop and catch the stairs next time. Around we went again. I wasn't paying attention, (having a lazy, relaxed time, mind you), until I heard my mom say "Hey girls, smile for the camera!" I turned to realize I, once again, was missing my exit and would be stuck another round… so I made that face.


That's my story. My family says this is just how I was as a child. Intense. Always.

Again, I give you my child, closer up.

DSC_0248-2

And a side by side.

DSC_0248-2

wendy freaking out-1

If he takes after me, he grows out of it, right? ;)

13 comments:

Mom said...

Oh the memories that picture stirs up. You are in for a wonderful ride as Anderson's mom...........hang on.

Kelly D. said...

Uh, right.

:)

Szobonya Bercel said...

HAHA, I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes! LOVE the pictures and story as well :)

Kara said...

Oh my gosh. You had me laughing quite hard with that story.

Laura said...

Anderson's mouth could eat Angelina Jolie's mouth for breakfast. And maybe the mouths of at least three of her children.

He's adorable. As are you.

Rebecca Ann said...

You know that ridiculous song from High School Musical 2 called Fabulous? I think you should dress up like Sharpay and sing it. Or at least have your blog playing it all the time.

Ha. Ha.

lys said...

Ha!

Harley King said...

How 'bouts a little sympathy for the man who lives with these Stresses?

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

I love it...except I feel like you look more upset and angry and Anders just looks intense.

Wein said...

hahahah

Suzette Selden said...

That is hilarious. I love it. Those pictures are identical.

The Knisley's said...

Oh my gosh! So funny!! I hope he doesn't grow out of it. We love you the way you are.

anna banana said...

I just love that picture of you!