Monday, June 8, 2009

Bad Sign

When you find this:


You know somewhere you'll find this:


Naked... AND looking at poisons under the sink. This is my child.

Chances are when you try to re-diaper, you get this:


The first time it happened it was kind of funny. Mostly because the diaper was dry and empty.

The second time it happened it was not so funny. Mostly because, well, the diaper was the opposite.


The good news is Anderson can't take off his diaper if clothes are on. No problem, because clothes are always on, right? I mean, who let's their kid run around in just a diaper? Well, I do. Anderson's favorite thing in the entire world (besides dogs) is drinking out of a big person cup. It's so fun, but oh so messy. He ends up soaked. Sometimes, so do I. When he drinks from a sippy cup, he likes to spit or waterfall the liquid down his chin. Either way, the kid gets wet. We go through multiple outfits a day. I have a three outfit limit. After #3, you're in diapers only until pajama time. Guess I need to rethink my Three Strikes You're Naked program considering his new diaper removal skills.

One more pic. Just to give my child and his cute little toosh plenty reason to bill me for therapy when he's older.

20 comments:

Sarah S said...

I LOVE naked baby tushes. They are perfectly chubby and so so cute. It's not so fun though when they take the diaper off AND check out the poison.

I have to share the link to my sister-in-law's blog so you can see some hilarious naked toddler pics (my nephew, just a few weeks older than Eli, is in the middle of potty training and my SIL is going with the no clothes approach) - enjoy :) http://joecamiseverson.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-potty-time-lets-eat-drink-and-drink.html

Ming said...

Love it! Also, I definitely ditto your Nordstrom fabulous right now!

lys said...

That is one cute little bottom!

Amanda said...

Ohhh, so cute! Spencer was here with me when I looked at this post, and just was laughing hysterically at the "naked baby bum." Then like 20 minutes later he's like, "let's look at that naked baby bum again!" So thank you Wendy and Anderson for loads (no pun intended...?) of entertainment! (for those of you who don't know Spencer, he's 3.) =)

Jen said...

Awesome post! There are some great waterproof, pocketed bibs out there to help reduce the number of outfits you have to go through. Anderson sure is growing up!

Szobonya Bercel said...

Hehhe, funny kid! (with cute bottom) :)

Logical Libby said...

Now you have pictures to show his college girlfriend!

Jess said...

I hear duct tape works... :)

Holly said...

Oh, Wendy how I can relate! Trevan did this, I finally took a picture after the third time of finding him in a room full of poo thrown everywhere. (Oh, he even ate it...) A picture I don't think I could ever post because of the poo obviously.

Also, embrace the title cancer survivor! Yay for getting it all out! Boo for all the trips to the derm. you get to have for a long time, seriously one of my least fav. things to do.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

He's a cute one. You spelled Therapy wrong.

Claudia said...

I have seen this solved with duct tape!
It must not be too warm in your area yet - otherwise, let the kid air dry!

Kelly D. said...

Mmm, I'm loving the three strikes, you're naked policy!

He figured out how to take off the diaper kinda early. He's really gifted. Lucky you!

Emily said...

I am in love with Anderson.

Kara said...

He He He. I'm glad my child isn't the only one who is amused by taking off her diaper and running hells bells in the opposite direction. Good pics, though. Naked tooshy shots are priceless.

p.s. Makenna learned how to maneuver herself out of her crib last night. Oh dear.

anna banana said...

That is one darloing naked bum! Love it!

Trevin and Kalisha said...

I'm sure Anderson will be embarrassed by reading these posts when he's older! Trevin was also one of those children who frequently took off his clothes and ran around, but he was older and usually at the park. Thanks for sharing your cancer experience, I'm glad I know what to look out for!

hwangberg said...

Why don't are rear end look like that anymore. Oh the things we loose as we grow older.

Joo Lin said...

Amazing and hilarious! I love the post.

Lisa said...

Ha! This is so funny! Anderson is so dang cute!But now you gave me new things to worry about!

Wendy said...

LOL....oh, my do you have alot to look forward to!!! Potty training has been a learning experience!!! Dalen is finally all potty trained!! No more pullups!! We had so many potty parties!!! Good luck. xo