Thursday, May 28, 2009

They Came, They Saw, They Cracked Us Up



We took the dairymen out of the country,



and placed them smack dab in the middle of the big city. (A city full of Democrats and liberals no less.)


And boy did we have fun.

Visiting the zoo...



Seeing the sites...




Walking, oh the walking...



Chasing (literally) and catching (usually) this guy...


Overpaying for food (just like he "overpays for taxes")...


Working on all our tricks like "so big"...


Playing with dogs...



Comparing bed head...


Enjoying fine dining...



And pouring plenty of love and attention on the Bug...




My favorite part? Laughing. Just laughing...


Not pictured: trip to Urgent Care after I stepped on a rusty nail. Pain=practically nothing. Damage to shoe=marginal. Recollection of last Tetanus shot=??? It's that last part that had us strongly advised to find a doctor (after hours) within 6 hours. Worst part=missing American Idol finale!!!


Oh yeah, and Harley graduated. More on that to come.

We thoroughly enjoyed Ed & Debby's visit. It was so entertaining to hear their colorful commentary on the federal government, Beltway traffic and not being able to spit and hit a Wal-Mart.

In my book, they just don't make 'em much better than Ed & Debby King.



I feel blessed to be able to truly say I love my in-laws.


13 comments:

Rachel said...

don't think I'm creepy for commenting SO quickly after you posted. But your post is AMAZING! I love your and Anderson's matching outfits--so cute! And his boy scouts outfit!!! So fun!

p.s. 7.5 hours on the phone?!?!?!?!

jaredandmatisse said...

Well, I think the Kings should feel blessed they have such an intelligent and beautiful tour guide/daughter-in-law. Wendy, you are seriously so skinny. You are a Hot Momma!

Kaija said...

yay! i love love love the photo of Debbie and Anderson laughing laughing laughing together!

Claudia said...

What a great visit! I am glad that you and Monica were able to work out some interesting activities :-)

Mom said...

I seriously love your in-laws too.

Logical Libby said...

You stepped on a rusty nail? How did that happen? Are you okay?

Harley King said...

We did everything but protest...

Ming said...

SO fun! I heart your bluetooth and free mobile to mobile minutes too ;)

Love the in-laws visit. Can I just hang out with your in-laws? They sound fun!

PS you look DARLING in all of these photos!

Holly said...

cute post! fun fabulous things! I just need to say I am jealous that you get to spend time with Becky before she leaves! I wish I could go to theatrical thursdays too! I need matchy scratchy pajamas...

Sarah S said...

Great pictures and fun post! I love the So Big! picture with Harley and Anderson. They are all really great though.

And it's funny reading your post about Harley's parents and comparing in my head with Ben's parents - his dad is pretty darn liberal (but not in a crazy way - it all makes sense when he talks about things :)

Ali Snow said...

I bet they did have some good thoughts on DC.

Kelly D. said...

Looks like so much fun! Anderson looks like he's in heaven!

I just had to get a tetanus shot, too! They hurt, huh?

lys said...

I love Anderson's madras shorts in the "how tall are you" pic. I'm also really, really impressed that he'll keep a bib on.