Sunday, May 17, 2009

Grandpa Jeddie Had a Farm

We attended the Prince George's County A-May-Zing Animal Fest yesterday. It was interesting to watch Anderson and see what he liked and didn't like.

He didn't so much care for:

the slide...




or the Animal Fest characters.


But he LOVED:

walking away from us...




and being around big kids.


Anderson with D'Andre, a kid we met at the Fest. Not pictured: D'Andre's brothers D'Quan, Jason and sister Passion.

Most of all Anderson loved ANIMALS.



Horse

Bearded Dragon


Donkey

Am I really surprised with his animal fascination? His grandpa is a dairyman. His dad loves animals and informed me yesterday he still has desires to own dogs, goats and (this one is new) bees someday. Of course Harley's child would like animals. Anderson is obsessed with dogs. Obsessed. I don't know where or how he learned about them, but he loves them. He's also learned the sign for "bunny." Anderson knows really useful signs like "more," "all done," "bye-bye," "eat," "milk." I thought "drink" would be next. But nope, it's "bunny." We can't communicate about thirst, but we have long chats about rabbits.

This post is dedicated to Grandpa Jeddie, his dog Skeeter Reed and all his dairy cows. Jeddie and Grandma arrive in two days. Have I mentioned we're excited?


Not pictured: boa constrictor, rabbit, goat, turtle, chicken & owl. All of which Anderson liked.


P.S. My seriously talented and crazy creative friends have started a fabulous paper company called Junky Heirloom. Like Dunder Mifflin, but prettier. Actually it's nothing like Dunder Mifflin, but it is everything like creating all I've ever wanted to say on a card and making it look beautiful. I love their simple greetings, small thoughts, frames and magnets. I'm featuring them under Fabulous Right Now (go check them out!), but because I'm so impressed with the product and so proud to say I know them (and even lived with one of them) they also get this special PS shout out.

18 comments:

Kara said...

What a fabulously fun day! Great pictures. Go Anderson w/ all his crazy signs! Next sign: matchy scratchies. I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Maybe D'Quan knows it.

Logical Libby said...

Damn it Wendy, I am trying to SAVE money! Don't show me stuff I want, or else I will send you a dog..

Ming said...

Okay...love this post! It just serves you right for being so anti-animal!

Dear Anderson,

I hope your mom breaks down one day and finally makes all of your daddy's and your dreams come true by getting you a dog. Every little boy needs a dog.

Love,
Your best friend's Mom

PS I'm glad that Anders shorts are more like capris at the moment. Jack's are too. I'm sure by the end of the summer they'll both be wearing short shorts! ;)

Amanda said...

Kids and animals are a match made in heaven!

Also, I am impressed by your mad photography skills in the last post - very nice!

lys said...

I was really hoping that new-found friend's name would have been D'Jason.

Rebecca Ann said...

i think i am going to come visit you.

Harley King said...

One of these days I'm gonna let that kid wander off and not go after him.

Mom said...

That boy has places to go and things to learn and experience. He reminds me of his parents.

Mom said...

I didn't know you could pick a donkey's nose.
Grandpa Mike

Jill said...

We want to own bees someday too (because our friend's hives seemed cool and the honey was so good). Harley, we'll have to talk.

Ali Snow said...

Jason is such a normal name compared to his siblings.

Sarah S said...

I laughed out loud when I read the big kids names. D'Jason? Passion? Love it. Anderson is such a cute wanderer - he's exercising his independence at a young age :)

Sarah S said...

I also meant to say - I'm really impressed with your friends and their paper company! So cool.

Rachel said...

Love it! The Kings are so cute!

Emily said...

I think you need to come visit us in the REAL Country. Appalachia Country. Okay? How about this spring?

xo

anna banana said...

Darling Anders! And I never tire of your writing, thanks for making your blog so fun to read!

jaredandmatisse said...

Anderson is so adorable. I love the photo of him walking away! His little "Bermuda" shorts rock.

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

Hello. I am a friend of Alyssa's here in Utah and have been blog stalking you for a while. You are a talented, whitty lady,mom and wife, but forgive me for asking..... did Anderson's new friend's mommy get bored when she named Jason? Great pictures BTW!!
Your new friend, Michelle :-) (next time you are in Utah, tell Lys and I'll walk over- Iive around the corner from her....for now until we both decide to move)