Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Story of Anderson James King: The First Year

I finished the movie I made of Anderson. It's my scrapbook for him. I suspected movie making would be better than scrapbooking for me, and now I'm pretty sure I've converted. With a movie you can include music, video and captions. I don't have to look at my crooked handwriting or embarrassingly non-crafty paper skills. It requires no work space. And no expense! I admire you scrapbookers. I see a few advantages in your ways. But putting together a production rather than an artsy book is so much more me. I don't know if I'll touch an embellishment or pair of Fiskars scissors again.

I wasn't going to do this... but after much debate, I have decided to post the *full movie on my blog.

*Disclaimer: It is 36 minutes long. I realize by posting this, I become That Mom who blogged a massive video of her child. That Mom can seriously bug. Let it be known, I am posting this only for the people who aren't getting a hard copy and have shown sincere interest in seeing the entire movie. (The fact that blogging the movie archives it FOREVER is an added perk. When you work really hard on something, back-ups are comforting.) After failed attempts at trying to share the movie other ways, I've concluded this format is most successful and efficient. So unless you are my sisters, my best friend or a select few others (you know who you are), please feel free to skip this post. And please, don't judge me.

Does my disclaimer make me not That Mom? Yeah... didn't think so.

The Story of Anderson James King
The First Year


video

(to make it bigger, download here)

P.S. This is my 100th post. Kinda fitting it be a big one.

13 comments:

Kara said...

Wendy, one word: Perfection!
I have to admit, I did not sit here for the last 36 min. and watch it in its entirety, but I watched a hefty portion of it and you amaze me! Anderson will LOVE this when he gets older. Love the songs, loved the video clips, love you for introducing this program to me.

Happy 100!

Ali Snow said...

I'm currently downloading...but I'm excited :)

becky said...

I can't wait for my lunch break! Wendy W. King, you are one talented mama. I love that you made this! It's so special and sweet and so you! Anderson will love it someday and his kids will love it and so will his kids' kids.

Can we trade lives for a while so you can inject mine with your signature fabulousness? Also, can I just say that you introduced me to the PF Changs shrimp/walnuts on our first D.C. date together and I'm officially smitten.

Mom said...

I love it more with each viewing!
Grammy
P.S. I'm supposed to be dusting and vaccuming.

Harley King said...

You haven't become That Mom, but you have become That Wife.

JK.

I love it. LOVE IT!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh loved it even more the second time....and I still cried again! The beginning and the "Over the Rainbow" song are just tear jerkers! Can you please just bring him to my shower weekend? I need my Anders fix.

Szobonya Bercel said...

Loved the video, you did a great job! :)

Amber Snow said...

Incredible job - you are AMAZING! Love how you included the pre-delivery bits.

Tess said...

So I'm totally a blog stalker (I'm Katie's old roommate), but I loved the video! I cried through it! I love how you made this and it makes parenthood look that much more rewarding. What a beautiful tribute. On my list of things to learn: making videos. I don't like scrapbooking either!

Ligia said...

wow! i watched bits and pieces here and there and instantly thought of anderson watching this years down the road with a heart filled with gratitude. he's going to love it. also loved the credits...cute little shout out to anderson's girlfriend. we felt pretty special :0)

Emily said...

What a fantastic idea. I am not a scrap booker. Love, Emily

Ben said...

You don't have to be a girl to comment on this. Really you don't. I just wanted to say congratulations (and props for squeezing in Yael Naim starting at minute 5)

Kaija said...

this video is awesome, wendy -- the work of a professional! -- and i love love love all of your musical choices! wow! what a lucky kid! will you come follow kirk and i around when we finally get pregnant and have a baby and make a video of our little one's first year? :)