Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let it Snow!

It's snowing in Bladensburg. I usually don't like snow in Maryland, but this is kind of pretty. It's a light, soft snow, leaving a peaceful white dusting on the ground. It's harmless... yet the entire state is shut down. As I've said before, it's just snow people. I don't know why we have to freak out, drive like crazy people and close everything. I'm so glad I'm not here right now, producing a newscast that is pure school closures and padded weather time. Instead I'm happily trapped in my apartment, content to stay in my sweats and get stuff done. (This kind of day, by the way, is my favorite day ever.)

I love snow. I like winter. I just don't like it here because you can't do anything in it. You never get enough snow and it quickly turns to ice, so there is no playing. Just drama. And there are no mountains.

I loved all the snow we had in Utah. It snowed crazy amounts over Christmas and laced my perfect Winter Wonderland holidays with beauty and fun. And we played in the snow. Especially at the cabin. I love the cabin.

Today's dusting in Maryland makes me think of December's dumping in Utah and has inspired the following overload of pictures and trip down Christmas Vacation lane.

Enjoy the following presentation: "How We Three Kings had Snow Much Fun" (forgive me, I'm nostalgic and therefore really cheesy and really into posting a LOT of pictures)

We made snow angels...

Anderson

Tom & Tennile

We took Weiler Family Christmas pictures...



We got a little wet doing it...

Me, Lisa, Ali (No butt doubles here people. We do our own work.)

We took King Family pictures...




We shoveled...

Tennile & Tom

We had a "senior picture style" photo shoot with Jim...

(Yes, ladies, he's single. 801-885-9426)


We hiked mini mountains covered in icicles in Idaho...





We went skiing twice, but didn't take the camera.:(

(insert imaginary skiing pictures here)

We bundled up at the cabin...




And enjoyed our most memorable activity. It involved a ladder, a green roof and five feet of packed snow to fall into...



Harley & Me



Me & Allison



Tom & Tennile

Jonathan & Allison

My graceful leap to the other side

Anderson loved watching the snow from the cabin's picture window...

Especially when the aliens showed up...


HAPPY SNOW DAY!

17 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

After clicking on that picture of Harley tossing Anders, one thing is clear. Anderson is a boy that likes his feet on the ground.

Love the pictures though, and you know where else they keep fluffy, awesome snow. Colorado. Just saying.

becky said...

I concur 100%: Snow in MD (and NOVA)= no fun, just drama. :) (Although I wish the Feds would close already so I could at least enjoy a day off because of the imaginary snow).

(Parenthetic comments will now end).

These pictures are so happy! Love the family kissing pic, and all that snow looks delectable. Can't wait to catch up!!!

Kaija said...

These are fabulous photos! And those Weilers sure are good looking -- I love that your single sister is kissing Anders on the cheek :)

Ben said...

I imagine snow in MD is much like snow in MS. Nothing to get too concerned about. :) Also, your photos of cabin fun are great. Becky and I haven't been to the cabin since before we were married, (if I remember correctly)! So much fun.

Lauren F. said...

I am DYING for a snow day here. I don't care if it's a joke of a storm and perfectly fine to drive in. just please, give me the day off!

Brittany said...

What a great "SNOW" post! Looks like you had a fabulous time over the holidays... snow and all! Crazy sledding off the cabin roof! :) BTW I agree with the first commenter... Colorado has awesome snow! :)

anna banana said...

So much fun!

Lisa said...

i'm so glad you are back and blogging. you are such a great writer! thanks again for the editing help you gave me. :)

Lauren said...

I love the snowsuit family picture. That is a King classic. So many adorable Harley and Anderson!

Jill said...

I agree about the snow. They are SO LAME about it out here.

The cabin pictures look great. I wish I was going there with Andrew this weekend. Now I'm even more jealous.

Tami H. said...

I loved the family pictures, especially lisa kissing anderson. That is my dream ever since I was little..... to jump off my roof into the snow. And you did that. One day, I hope to fulfill it too.

Ali Snow said...

Wow - that was a lot of pictures. Can't wait for my CD of 646 more :)

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

We did have so much fun huh?! I miss it. I wish I could have partaken in more of the active activities. Great pics though. Way to catch some memories.

Mom said...

It was a great Christmas Vacation. Lets do it again next year!
Mom

Ming said...

Great pics. So magical!

Szobonya Bercel said...

Cool pictures, loved them! :)

lys said...

I am overwhelmed with jealousy over the awesomeness of your camera. Such great pics. So jealous-- not of the snow, just the camera. :)