Monday, February 23, 2009

Boy was I wrong.

Cheryl has pretty much been a rockstar aunt since the day Anderson was born. Even before his arrival she was super excited and way supportive. Cheryl loves babies. And Cheryl loves Anderson.


Cheryl gave Anderson his first haircut last weekend.

Now it's (finally!!) my turn to be excited for her. Cheryl and Ryan just returned from an ultrasound appointment and learned they are having...





A BOY!!!!




Around 17 weeks. Doesn't she look fabulous?

My mom and I are shocked. We were convinced she was having a girl. Convinced. Don't take us to Vegas. Of course, we're really just thrilled this baby is healthy. I'm excited Anderson will have a little boy cousin! They'll be about 15 months apart.

Anderson has only one cousin right now: 3-year-old Dalen. We got to spend a few days with Dalen while in Idaho last month. He is very lovable with a fun little personality, and it's high time he made an appearance on this blog.



"Trust me, Dalen, do NOT eat that soapy stuff!"

After Dalen we have to go to 2nd cousins on my mom's side of the family to get anybody Anderson's age. We're pretty happy to do so when the 2nd cousins are this cute.

Anderson, Smith and Trey Broadbent

Anderson, Willa Barnes, Smith and Trey Broadbent

It will be great to add another baby to this Barnes bunch. A bunch that, when all together, totals 17 -- with 2 on the way! July 15th can't come soon enough.


Congratulations Cheryl & Ryan!!!


Editors Note: Pity party is over. (Thank you for attending!) Fabulous Right Now has returned (to the left)-- Oscar style!!
What were your favorite fabulous fashions last night?

17 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

Yeah for Cherly!!! And how did you get this picture of boys with out me knowing it?

Kaija said...

Anderson is amazingly cute. I hope we get to meet him before he outgrows his cuteness! (though, if you and harley are any indication -- that will NEVER happen!) I LOVE his expressions! That soap photo is PRICELESS! As for the Oscars, I missed the runway, but in their seats I though Amy Adams in red looked the best -- all those neutrals just don't look great looking out over the crowd. I LOVED the way the past best actresses praised this year's nominees -- what a great presentation idea! Anne Hathaway definitely got the most heartfelt tribute. (I had to laugh -- the google word verification for this comment was "shemall". What would a he-mall look like?

Ming said...

Yea for Cheryl! Fun to have a boy cousin for Anders.

Codi said...

That picture of Anderson in the tub KILLS ME! He is so dang cute. How fun for Cheryl and Anderson to have a little boy on the way.

Claudia said...

family that is involved = fabulous
family that is involved with kids close to the same age as yours = amazing
family that is involved with kids close to the same age as yours that you get to see as often as you like = a dream we all share

Lauren said...

Anderson's face in the first picture is adorable. Congratulation Cheryl. We are so thrilled for you and are excited to have a friend for Anders! Congrats.

Amber Snow said...

That's SO exciting, Wendy! And I am so in love with that shot of Anderson in the bathtub. Love it!!

Jess said...

The way that Anderson scrunches up his nose to smile is absolutely adorable!

Kelly D. said...

Yay for Cheryl! I'm always impressed when people manage to produce a son ;)

I'm also in your comments section to dish about the Oscar fashions. I loved Angelina's jewelry, too!!!! Those earrings were to die for! Seriously, they were the most stunning things I saw all night. My favorite dress was Tina Fey's gold Zac Posen. Gorgeous!

Emily said...

Congrats to Cheryl! You and your sister are so beautiful and share the same gorgeous smile.

I love that bath photo so much, especially paired with the caption. Is that the News Writer in you? Coming up with good captions? Seriously...it cracks me up. Anders is SO adorable. I'm totally in love with him and his huge mouth. xoxo hugs and kisses Anders!

Jill said...

I love the picture of the second cousins. Cute!

Ben said...

Hooray for Cheryl! Hopefully we should know pretty soon what we're having, too!

becky said...

Woo hoo -- congrats. Now there will be one more adorable baby in your family! :)

P.S. Loved your Oscar picks. I concur 100%. And for the record, I hated SJP's ensemble. She looked like an overstuffed (at least on top) barbie. My two cents.

lys said...

Congrats to Cheryl! I love her back as a blonde. What a hot pregnant mama!

Joe said...

The smile on that boy is a wonder. Something to behold. Beautiful.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

It's true, I do Love babies and I do LOVE Anders. I kind of worry that I might not love my own as much as I love Anders just because I can't imagine loving someone more.

Brittany said...

That first picture of Cheryl and Anderson is priceless! I just LOVE andersons smile! He seems like such a happy guy! Congrats on the new cousin that will be arriving! Cousins are the best! :)