Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We DID It!


We're back in Maryland. We survived. And boy did we have fun. We had some really great times. We had some really awful things happen. I may or may not share them here. It's a tough call. Do you try to catch up? Do you just move forward? Blah.

We were sad to see The Great Schelp of '08 end, but it's good to be back. It's good to be back to MY bed. Back to MY shower. Back to MY DESK!!!! (Although, Mindy, I'm kind of missing your Desk of All Amazingness.) It was, of course, so wonderful to be greeted by Harley, and surprise -- piles of presents and packages! We've been celebrating Christmas and Birthday Round 2, and it has been AWESOME!

So much to write. So much to post. My camera is as full as my fridge is empty. I can't decide which is worse: the state of my apartment or the state of my blog. Probably the apartment. Harley (bless him) "cleaned" for us by picking up but not exactly cleaning up. The apartment looks like you would expect after having a bachelor live alone for 3 weeks. Harley looks like a bachelor left alone for 3 weeks. He has not touched a razor nor the laundry. And he turned off the heat. He took down half the Christmas decorations then decided he wasn't very good at it and stopped.

We now begin re-entry into real life. But not before one more party. While we were away, Harley took up a new hobby and decided to fill Anderson's crib with the fruits of his labor.



Anderson was not impressed. Or maybe he was just really, really, tired? He wins Ultimate Baby Schlep and Still Smiling (usually) of the Year Award!!!

Harley wins Husband and Daddy of the Year Award for wholeheartedly supporting our extended, post-holiday travels (aka our BFF World Tour).

17 comments:

The Manns said...

Sounds like a wild and crazy...and wonderful trip. Question: did you two luck out beyond all measurement to actually get two empty seats on your row, or did you buy the whole row in the knowledge that you would be at your rope's end by the finale of the trip?

Can't wait to hear all about it! Happy late birthday to you and the super trouper.

Harley King said...

That Babe was as sad as my (first attempt) monkeys.

Lauren said...

Welcome back to real life, a bitter sweet. The balloon creations are fantastic! I can picture Harley now growing out the facial hair and working on his balloon elephants.

Kaija said...

Welcome home! Best of luck putting the pieces of ordinary life back together. We are so sorry we missed you because of the snow!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

I'm so glad your back and blogging! It so brightens my face to read your blog and stare at cuters. We need to nail down a time for me to come see you both.

Hillarious that Harley is ballooning! What will he come up with next?

becky said...

Today is a fabulous day! Wendy (and Anderson) returns!

I vote for a recap of all of your awesome trips, and more awesome pictures of cutie pie Anderson and balloon creations. Go Harley.

Woo hoo -- yay for yoru return!

lys said...

It looks like you got an entire row to yourself on the airplane. That must have made the trip more manageable!

It's good to have you back to blogging. I've been checking for updates for days. . . :)

Miss you!

DC Diva said...

Ha! I wish that entire row had been ours. Actually, this was the only flight of 6 where we didn't have an extra seat. In some cases, we did have entire rows! But this final flight was our worst yet: sold-out flight, NO ROOM in overhead bins, Squirm Worm (aka Anderson) body wrestling on my lap, spilled cranberry juice, several dropped toys, Aunt Flo surprise!, ripped diaper and the most intolerant woman next to us!! The first 2 hours were terrible. The second 2 were awesome as SOMEHOW Anderson fell asleep on my lap (something he NEVER does). Needless to say, this picture was snapped once we landed and half the plane had emptied!

Jess said...

That first picture is priceless. Baby surrounded by all of the STUFF you have when traveling. I'm glad you survived and had fun--we're ready to hear all about it!

Ali Snow said...

I miss him already so much. Cool hobby Harley picked up though. He'll be great at parties.

Ming said...

Jack was lonely today without Anders. I'm not sick anymore...come back! We miss you both! If you come back I'll give you my desk :)

Szobonya Bercel said...

glad you're back! can't wait for the pictures!! :)
Harley, you're so talented, good job! :)

Lisa said...

I can't wait to hear about your last trip in Denver. That weekend Mary Taggart was in town and slept in Neverland. Between Meg, Mary, and I, your and Jessica's names were schleped (I only use that in inappropriate situations just for you) into our conversation at least every 17 sentences.

Jill said...

Next time we get together I want to see some balloon animals. That sounds like something Drew would while I'm gone. One time he spent an evening/night learning card trips on Youtube. Let's get together now that you're back in town.

Kelly D. said...

I'm sad your wintering in Utah is over (I was growing accustomed to the regular lunch dates!), but I'm relieved the blogcation has ended! I'm glad you made it back and all the schlepping is over! I'm sure after a couple "days at sea" (I love that phrase), life will feel more normal. Good luck, and dang, I miss you!

anna banana said...

I love the pic of Anders crying with all the balloon toys. hehe...

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you survived, and I'm so glad I got to see you (twice!) while you were here!