Saturday, December 6, 2008

How Do You Like Me Now?

I have a love hate relationship with my blog. I love how it keeps me in touch with friends and family. I love how it serves as a great family history. I love that it can be an outlet for writing. But since the day I created it, I've hated the way mine looked. It's been a year and a half. Today, I finally sat down and did something about it.

Silently hating my blog every time I use it, yet never taking the time to fix it is so like me. I wait and wait and not deal with it because A) It overwhelms me B) I don't have the time C) I don't have the skills D) I feel serious creative pressure. (That's right, I simply can't keep up with all of you.)

So here's my wanna-be-more-creative stab at a new look and some new features. I'd like to draw your attention to the left side (who knew it would be so difficult to get blogger to do a 3 column format!?!?!) where I will feature "Fabulous Right Now." This will include new discoveries, loves, purchases, wish list items, renewed old favorites or just plain fabulous-ness of the moment. Right now fabulous equals Christmas cards, stunning little flower earrings I recently picked up at Nordstrom Rack (that look almost like this picture) and Adele (thanks Becky!). I love these three things right now. I'm also going to start a regular post: Three Things that Make My Life Easier. (Because easier is fabulous.) There. I promised. Now I'm committed.

DISCLAIMER: Life is not ALWAYS fabulous. I'll still write about things that aren't so fabulous. But for now I want a more Oprah-ish outlook. While the woman can definitely bug, no one says the word "fabulous" quite like she does.




FABULOUS!

16 comments:

Emily said...

I just have a Love relationship with your blog. Sorry to hear things get so rocky between the two of you. ;-)

Kaija said...

I love the new look!

Codi said...

How did you get 3 columns? I tried for a very long time and got frustrated and therefore gave up! I like the new look. I think it is much more you.

JessK said...

I totally understand--I've hated my blog forever too. Mostly I just need a new header and I lack the skills. Ah well, it's not going to happen before next year...

Sarah S said...

I'm with you! Changing the blog can be an aggravating, time-consuming process. I think your new look is pretty great! Even fabulous :)

Amanda said...

Love the new look! I am the same way about certain things...if something is overwhelming or seems difficult, I just pretty much do nothing about it for...yeah, like a year and a half. maybe longer! anyway, I love the new family picture. You guys rock.

Amber Snow said...

Love this new look Wendi and all the FABULOUS new content that will be coming our way!!

Lauren said...

I love the new blog. Blogging with HTML can be co confusing and yet so rewarding when you finally do something that makes a difference!

Rebecca Ann said...

yep, looks good.

Kelly D. said...

I'm VERY impressed with your new format. I love the new features (and cannot wait for the first Three Things That Make My Life Easier installment!). Fabulous!

Claudia said...

It's, well, how do I put this best? Fabulous!!!!!
I love the updates, can't wait for your lists!

becky said...

You've crossed the line of fabulous into the world of SUPER FAB! Stop out-doing me! LOL! You are a rockstar and I can't wait to read the new sidebar and simplicity W.O.W. (words of wisdom, which coincidentally are sure to WOW!).

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Now, be honest, did you do this or did Harley? I'm going to guess the later, so Great jog Harley!!! No really it's very cool. Maybe when I quit my day job I'll be able to have a blog as cool as yours.

Kelly D. said...

One more thought . . . I have to say that for me, when it comes to blogs, it's all about content. So maybe you were hating on the old DC Diva Blog's look, but seriously, I hardly noticed it. I was too busy laughing at your witty observations or marveling at your creative ideas or oohing over your darling baby!

Mom said...

Ditto on what Kelly D said

Rob said...

I now have a love/hate relationship with your blog.
I love that your fun posts and updates on the fam.
I hate that you posted a pic of Oprah.
check out Joe - Des News all-state football kicker
http://deseretnews.com/pdf/120508allstatefb5A.pdf