Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"YOU, ARE A **MURDERER** OF LOVE!!!!!!!"

I love movies, but I rarely watch the same one twice. So when I tell you I just watched Dan in Real Life for the second time in one week, it really says something. I loved it. I loved it even more the second time. Maybe it's because I really enjoy Steve Carell. Maybe it's because of my mood lately. I found this movie heartwarming, funny and refreshingly clean. I laughed. I cried. (For the record, I am much more emotional watching movies Post Baby. Harley sometimes wonders if he's sitting next to me or Jessica Taggart.) This scene is my favorite. Carell is so sincere. The cheese factor hits so close to home. And Dane Cook is so goofy I laugh out loud.



I am now way excited for the annual Weiler Christmas Talent Show. Allison and I are cooking up a fantastic Mike Weiler Family Surprise.

Have you seen this movie? You probably have since it came out last year. Forgive us for being so far behind in the movie scene (ha, ha... bad joke). Did you love it?

13 comments:

Sarah S said...

We just watched this on Saturday night! I loved it. Ben thought it was strange, but I think he liked it at the end. I think Emily recommended this to me - it seemed very much her kind of movie.

Sarah S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali Snow said...

LOVED this movie. My two favorite parts were the "pig" song -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Gfy55HvdY - I also liked the part how they all got up and exercised to show support for the brother because remember how WE did that with Cheryl in Virgina? Maybe you weren't there actually. Anyway - good movie. And are we really doing that for the talent show? I can get paper, but it won't be shiny.

Becca said...

I love that movie! how are you doing by the way?

Linds and Ky said...

Loved it too! I've seen it several times and I never watch movies more than once either.

Jill said...

Love that movie! I think my favorite line was "just so you know, you're the worse dad ever." I fully expect Liz to say stuff like that to us within the next ten years.

Ligia said...

"You are a murderer of love" is definitely one of the best movie lines EVER! I think I say it about once a day.

Kelly D. said...

I loved this movie, too! I've only seen it once, though. You've just inspired an emergency visit to my Netflix queue :)

becky said...

Absolutely love this movie. I need to re-watch. Thanks for the reminder.

anna banana said...

I havent seen it, maybe I need to....

Ming said...

Yes, great film. Saw it in the theatres in NYC. I watch the same movies all the time. I'm pretty sure I've seen Sleepless in Seattle 8 billion times. Love it!

Susie said...

This movie reminds me of Weiler gatherings. Jodi (our hairdresser) saw the movie and said "do families really interact that way?" I told her "yes", they are real and called the Weilers.

Lauren F. said...

Love this movie too. And related to the comment on my blog- I watch everything on the network's web site (abc.com, etc.) And did you hear that Lipstick Jungle is cancelled!!!