Thursday, November 6, 2008

Homesick

I liked my life in Gaithersburg. I'm growing to like my life in Bladensburg. I love my life in DC. But today, I just miss my life in Utah.

Today we received another wedding invitation. This marks the FIFTH wedding we've missed in three months thanks to our far away, expensive, east location. Three of these weddings are family, which is extra painful. I LOVE weddings. I HATE missing them.



Dear Lindsay,


Jenn,


Doug,


Scott,

& Dave,



I hope you had/have a beautiful day. I wish we could be there in person to share in your happiness.




Dear Harley,

Are you almost finished with school yet?



Our good friend Ether is getting married in December. In Italy. Guess we can't swing that one either?


Sorry Ether.

12 comments:

Kaija said...

Good to see Ether. Good memories of the MTC. And tell your friend Jenn that she has the most AWESOME wedding invitation I've ever seen! Yay for creativity! I know what you mean about missing weddings... I need to hurry up and get done with my own school! Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. And there are always pictures...

Claudia said...

It is tough, to be sure. It is a sacrifice, for certain. This will all be worth it.

Rebecca Ann said...

You better come to my wedding. No battle. Maybe the next one will be Tom... or Spencer?

Harley King said...

If he kept his hair like that we might just make a surprise visit.

Ming said...

I finally see what you mean about that wedding invitation. Very interesting and kinda cool! You know what I'm talking about. Oh and one more thing...

Dear Harley,
Will you just buy me some jewelry....err I mean move to Colorado?

Thanks. Bye.

janaemadsen said...

we just got invited to a wedding in Germany in January. I want to go.

Lisa said...

i freaking love ether

lys said...

Yippee! I love that our Halloween card made it on your fridge!

Linds and Ky said...

Oh Wendy, we wish you could have been there too! I'm glad you were able to make it to the shower though and I LOVE the apron you gave me by the way!

Jill said...

I hear ya cuz. I hate missing all the extended family weddings (and farewells, homecomings, baby blessings, showers, birthdays, graduations, and so on). Let's get together for dinner sometime.

jaredandmatisse said...

Ether has an awesome name! Are all of Harley's new friends named for a class of organic compounds? Harley is getting too smart for his own good. -Tisse

lys said...

Oh, my poor little Wendy! Let's swap places and we'll both be happy!