Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crawling? Seriously?!!


Anderson turned six months old yesterday. I can hardly believe it. He is 19 pounds (95 percentile) and 28 inches ("off the charts"). Guess Harley's wish is coming true.

Anderson loves pacifiers, smiling at us, Baby Einstein, running errands (I know, amazing. How can I please make this last forever?), and getting tossed around on our bed. He doesn't like long naps (though we are seeing major improvement), or sitting in his car seat unless it's moving. He also doesn't like to keep his food down.

He has a basket full of fun toys, but these three are his favorites:


Especially this one:


We love him so much. He brings us more joy than we ever imagined. He surprises us every day. Yesterday, he surprised us with this:

video

Encore for the grandparents:

video

And I thought solid foods would be the big six month milestone:


14 comments:

Claudia said...

WOW!!!! That is a totally legitimate crawl! Good job on a super duper baby. I'll show the video to Adayla - maybe it will inspire her!

Ming said...

Impressive! Jack can't so much go forwards as backwards. He scoots backwards like a champ, but hasn't figured out the forward thing. Way to go Anders!

Ligia said...

What a persistent little guy. I love how you can hear him working so hard to get to that paci. He never gave up, just kept on truckin' along.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

OH how I wish my blasted work computer would let me watch videos!!! I can't wait to try and watch this at home. It's because I was coaching him the past four days.

Kaija said...

I love seeing him try to figure out how his body works -- and what tenacity! And patience! That will serve him well throughout this mortal existence :)

Szobonya Bercel said...

Wow, he's such a strong boy! I'm impressed how good is he! Usually big boys like Andrew at this age cannot even lift up their body because it's too heavy for them. Not Andrew! :) He's amazing! :)

Harley King said...

I love his face in the last shot. It's like I can almost here him say, "What the crap is this? You expect me to eat this?"

Sarah S said...

What a cute crawler!! Good luck with that - it gets much harder when they're mobile and you realize how many cords and other troublesome objects are in their path :)

Kelley said...

Oh Wendy, your little man is amazing! What a beautiful boy. WOW he is big, strong and smart!

anna banana said...

Wow are your hands gonna be full! Nice work Anders!

janaemadsen said...

Wendy! I was at the doctor with my baby that ate poison and was throwing up all over. When can we come visit you?

lys said...

A is for Anderson & A is for AMAZING! I can't believe he's crawling already. Superstar!

Brittany said...

Wow I can't believe he's crawling! Look out... this is where the chasing begins!
Grace also loves to play with anything that is not a toy. Her favorite at the moment is her baby toothbrush. Seriously why do we buy toys?
Anderson is such a cutie! I love keeping up on you guys via your blog! It's great!

Lauren said...

I can not believe that he is already 6 months! Time flies and he is growing and progressing so fast!