Sunday, September 28, 2008

Anniversary SURPRISE!


Harley and I have been married five, count those fingers FIVE, years! Lately I've been selling him down the river on this blog (it's all in good fun), but tonight I have nothing but praises for his name. Last week he told me he wants to be in charge of ALL our wedding anniversaries. Okay! Then he told me to have my bags packed and ready by 2:00 PM Friday. Done.

The big surprise: A WEEKEND GETAWAY TO OCEAN CITY, MARYLAND!

Here are FIVE highlights from the anniversary celebration:

#1. The BEAUTIFUL Beach.



#2. FANTASTIC Outlet Mall Shopping.



#3. Best Chocolate-Dipped Carmel Apple EVER!




#4. Finally finding and buying the PERFECT pair of sunglasses.

#5. Spending a no interruptions, no responsibilities, no agenda weekend with my two FAVORITE people in the entire world.



Happy Anniversary Harley! I love you longer than always.


Oh, and you can keep your flag shirt. I guess I have more male readers than I thought. Or fewer Divas who have my back. The fact that you have my entire family wrapped around your finger doesn't help my cause either. (Cheryl, at least you were undecided. Thank you.) Bottom line, the readers have voted. I lose. You win. Wave on, flag shirt, wave on. But only at Lake Powell, okay?

13 comments:

Kaija said...

congratulations on 5 years! sounds like a great celebration and i love that darling wedding picture. it was so special to be at your sealing. my first sealing ever, actually, half a year before kirk and i were sealed. it was such a wonderful preview to be there with him, before we were sealed.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

That apple does look good. Makes me miss working for the orthodontist. And cute photo booth pics. Happy 5 years!

Ligia said...

So fun! Way to go Harley on the anniversary surprise. They're just the best!

Sarah S said...

Nice job Harley, and congrats on 5 years of marriage!! I love that he is taking charge of the anniversaries... your weekend sounds wonderful!

Joe said...

Harley = The Best

becky said...

Harley King = awesome husband of the century! What girl doesn't love beach, chocolate-covered apples, outlet shopping and the PERFECT sunglasses?! Maybe Harley should write a book titled, "This is how it's done: An expert husband's guide to anniversaries."

I'd buy the first copy. As a gift. To Mr. Wickstrom.

Happy 5 years!

(P.S. We have a MAJOR King crush!)

Ming said...

You rock h-train!

Szobonya Bercel said...

5 years... good job! :) We were in Freiberg last week, so I couldn't cast my vote, but as I see, Harley can kepp his suuuper-flag shirt, yeah!!! :)

Lauren said...

Congrats, 5 years is Amazing.

anna banana said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Rebecca Ann said...

Yes, love the photo booth pictures! You kid is huge! I can't believe I still haven't met him. And Elder Thorup's name is....Brock. Not the Wes Burningham, or "Jake" as known in Powell. Give me 10.5 months...

Amber Snow said...

yah, i'm impressed - harley's officially the "utlimate diva hubby"!

brookie said...

Aww, happy anniversary you two! and what an awesome hubby you have! Can't believe its been FIVE years already. I still remember your wedding reception. It was so beautiful and perfect. The dancing, Jessica singing, the sparklers, a bazillion friends! Such a fun night!