Thursday, July 31, 2008

Party Problem, Diva Denouement

Recently, I was invited to a bridal shower for my cousin Lindsay.

Theme: Recipe
Concept: Cute
Problem: I don't cook

Of course, a Diva CANNOT show up empty-handed to a party, but the invitation specifically instructed the bride be "showered... with recipes, ingredients and kitchenware."
What's a klutz in the kitchen to do?

Improvise! I couldn't tell Lindsay how to be a chef in the kitchen, but I DO have the recipe for being a Diva in the Dining Room.



I presented the Bride to Be with a "Domestic Diva" apron. The pockets included a meal preparation utensil or two. And as requested, I passed along the secret recipe for Being a Diva in the Dining Room.


Recipe for Being a Diva in the Dining Room
*Garnish body in apron (season with high heels as needed)
*Frost lips with gloss
*Simmer nerves
*Order take out
*Cleanse palate with gum

Lindsay enjoyed her gift.

It just happened to perfectly match what she was wearing. Unplanned bonus!

She used it right away as she competed against Grandma in the game Iron Chef.

Happy Dining Darlings!



P.S. The shower, thrown by my Aunt Jennie, was nothing short of fabulous. I loved her mismatched black & white place settings and kitchen utensil centerpieces.
Take a look!






10 comments:

Sarah S said...

Wendy, you are the best!! I love your creative gift. And that shower looks pretty amazing.

Kelly Durham said...

That table is even more amazing than you described. And I LOVE that apron! I'll have to copy that recipe you included for my files . . .

Lauren said...

You were right, the place settings and party looked amazing and you gift was brilliantly YOU!

The Knisley's said...

So funny-love the apron. The table is too awesome! I love looking at the different ideas clever people come up with. Iron chef? I gotta do that one sometime. How did that go?

Jen said...

I love your recipe. What a great idea.

Emily said...

Well done! You have great taste. Love, Em

anna banana said...

Cute idea!

becky said...

WOW, awesome party! And how is it possible that you become even MORE rockstar every day? I need to shadow you and learn all your amazing secrets!

bclawson03 said...

I Love It! Where did you find that apron? You are definitely a diva!

lys said...

Wendy, my most creative friend! You are always the best gift-giver and one of the most creative people I know.