Friday, June 6, 2008

Roaring Out of Hibernation

For the first five weeks of Anderson's life we hunkered down inside our tiny apartment... and loved it. Comfy sweats, no make-up and lots of naps, venturing out only for doctor's appointments and an occasional Target run. Two weeks ago we decided to hunker no more! We dug up our Bobbi Brown and Bjorn so we could hit the social scene and we haven't stopped since. It started with our trip to Souderton, Pennsylvania to visit the Madsens. Here are some highlights:

John kicked my Park Avenue trash at the new Electronic Banking Monopoly...


and we all rocked out with Rock Band.


We enjoyed Philly Cheesesteaks
(but agreed Janae & John's home cooked meals were better).


The girls shopped in the darling town of Skipback...


while the boys climbed walls...


and Danielle found Harley's wallet.



We saw the sites of Philly...


and overall, the trip made everyone smile.





We returned home just in time to see Nicole Diva. I LOVE any chance to get together with any one of my Divas. They are the most impressive and fabulous group of women I know. This Diva, in particular, has a job I envy (event planner who travels the world), a huge heart, just the right amount of spunk and a killer tan (thanks to her recent weekend at Duck Beach). We had such a great time going out to lunch, catching up, making dinner and catching up some more. She even served as Anderson's first "babysitter" as I ran to pick up Harley at the Metro.



Nicole only graced our Aerobed with her presence one night, then hours later passed it on to the next set of visitors, Mindy & Jack Lind. Stay tuned for more on the King/Lind BIG BABY SLEEPOVER!:)

12 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

How much do I love that the Linds is a label on your blog. A lot.

Ali Snow said...

I guess now that I'm into blogging I should comment on other people's blogs...I can't believe you sat down and played Monopoly...of all the board games I'd think you wouldn't enjoy!

Crystal said...

That picture of the three of you with the huge smile is ADORABLE!

Harley King said...

I love rock band. No more tithing checks until I'm playing the drums again.

Miss Weiler's Health Class said...

That picture with the 3 Kings smiling is great. By the way, your stroller looks like a space ship.

Kelly Durham said...

LOVE the family picture of the Three Kings. So cute! Always glad to see a Diva reunion (no matter how big or small). Yay!

Congrats on making it out of hibernation!

Sarah S said...

You really are roaring out of hibernation!! I am totally impressed Kings. That monopoly game sounds so great, as does fun trips and visits w/ friends, especially w/ Nicole Diva! I love that family picture of you guys - so sweet!

janaemadsen said...

I can't believe that you have more energy than I do- and it is true Harley traded shopping in Skippack (or was it a fantastic purse) for playing electronic banking monopoly, then Harley and I lost. badly. You guys are great!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Thanks for postin'...can't wait for the next one.

becky said...

This reminds me of game/food/shopping weekends with our N.C. friends. :) Kindred spirits, I tell ya.

And the pic of the whole family smiling -- IRRESISTIBLE!

The Manns said...

Anderson- what a cutie patooty. I'm glad you're out and about. Can't wait to move up there and see your little family more often.

Amber Snow said...

Oh, Philly....loved seeing the pics from your trip to the city of brotherly love. I really cannot count how many times we saw Independence Hall and all the sites down there - definitely WAY TOO MANY! I'm sure yall are that way about D.C. now too :)

Keep posting - I love seeing all the family pics and seeing how Anderson continues to grow!