Sunday, May 4, 2008

Picture: Complete

We've made some additions to the nursery since I last blogged (read bragged) about it. Believe it or not, these came at the inspiration of people other than my mom.

I wanted to spell out ANDERSON in big painted wooden letters on the wall, but we ran out of wall space. These blocks make a great alternative. Thanks, Emily, for the idea!



A few things have been added to the hutch, including Harley's favorite: a bead roller coaster from Ikea.


My friend Kelley recommended I keep a calendar specifically for Anderson's milestones, and I thought it was a great idea! I have wonderful intentions of scrap booking and journaling, but more often than not they remain just that - wonderful intentions. This way every important event and special moment gets at least documented. I searched for a good baby calendar and never found one. Then Sally Diva sent me a fabulous "baby favorites" package, including this PERFECT baby calendar. Double bonus: I'm told these calendars also serve as an invaluable point of reference with baby #2. (Yes, I have now opened my mind to the idea of a second... something I swore off during my AWFUL labor.)


The last bit of wall space goes to a personalized "Watch Me Grow" chart from Sara. What a cute way to record my ginormous child (measuring in the 90th percentile) as he grows.


Most importantly, what was once missing from this picture...


is now in place! By the way, Anderson isn't just posing for a picture here. He's actually sleeping in his crib a whole room away (as opposed to in the bassinet by our bed) already! I didn't think it would happen so early, but at his 2-week appointment the pediatrician recommended I put him in his crib at night so I would sleep better. She insisted he's big enough to be alone, and he'd let us know when he was hungry. I chickened out the first night (he seemed to have a tummy ache... which made my heart ache...) but the next night (15 days old), he was in his "big boy crib." He slept great (longest stretch=5 1/2 hours) and so did I! Yea for big babies!

When he's awake in his crib he loves to stare at his stripes.


What's now "missing" from the big picture: Grandma! My mom left yesterday and we miss her already. Anderson expressed his Grandma withdrawal by having his first MAJOR throw up experience just after she boarded the plane. My mom and I had such a great, special time together. I love and appreciate her so much. Happy Mother's Day Mom (one week early)!!



Side Note: It's Sunday so we dressed Anderson in the Lord's attire. Go Cougars! (Thanks Jake and Crystal!)

19 comments:

Claudia said...

Brilliant! I love the blocks - please send instructions to my email, I must have that! That Anderson is a cutie, he looks great in his big boy crib (Adayla moved out at 4 weeks, and we all slept better). Too bad about that last shirt - he would look so much better in Ute Red!!!! :-)

Kricket said...

I love the nursery and the baby. I hope you all continue to sleep good!
Kricket

anna banana said...

Congrats on the excellent sleeping! Anderson is just beautiful I love him already. Yes the calender is a great idea, best way to do it. What else...oh yeah, I love you and I love reading your blog!

Crystal said...

I love your nursery- it is so bright and colorful! cute pictures. Things must be going pretty well if you are already considering having a 2nd child someday! Anderson looks like such a combo of both you and Harley to me. What fun!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Cuters!! Mom, you look great in that pic!

Harley King said...

Second child? Was someone planning to tell me?

OK, I actually love the idea.

Danielle said...

Hi Wendy, I'm Anna Rasmussen's sister in law, and I just wanted to tell you what an awesome name Anderson is! I love it! You're little boy is a cutie! (thanks for letting me lurk)

Brittany said...

Wendy he is so adorable! I'm so glad that you're able to get 5 1/2 hours of sleep... that Rocks! I love the new additions to Anderson's room very cute! The blocks were a great idea! Aren't babies so much fun!

janaemadsen said...

How cute is your baby- I love the letters on the wall- I also made the mistake of wanting those letters- but 8 is just too many to fit on a wall. Wendy your baby is so cute and I am so impressed with how many photos you have! five hours is awesome!

Lauren said...

It sounds like the two of you needed twins since you are both already suffering from second child syndrome. You can have one of our kittens. They were born about the same time as Anderson. P.S. Your nursery makes everyone else's look like an orphanage in inner Mongolia.

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah S said...

Darling room and darling boy! His nursery is so so cute. I love the Ikea beads - so fun and such a deal!

I'm so glad you're both sleeping so well. We had Eli in a bassinet in our bedroom for one night, but ended up moving him out to the living room (in the bassinet) for the next 2 months. It was much easier to sleep without listening to his sleeping noises! Way to go with putting him in his crib - one less thing to get used to as he grows bigger (rather than the transition from bassinet to crib).

becky said...

Wendy, you are one talented chick (as if I needed further evidence). You not only make a darling nursery, you make super cute babies too. Well done!

lys said...

What a great mom you are! What a great baby you have! What a great nursery you have put together! I could go on and on with the word "great". . .

p.s. I love those month-by-month calendars. I did one with Brit & we have one now for Stratton. I compare the two almost daily!

Kellie said...

you are so good. It took me 3 months to put Owen in a separate room. It was more me than him.

Your nursery looks fabulous. So cute!

Miss Weiler's Health Class said...

Congrats! We have a new Weiler member. Sweetness. But I want to know how I'm related to the kid. Are we second cousins? 1st cousin once removed? What is my bragging title?

lys said...

Wendy, You are officially the most "on top of it" mom ever. I got your birth announcement yesterday. I can't believe that your child is two weeks old and you already have your birth announcements out. You put the rest of us to shame, Wendy. . .

Kelly said...

You know what I love best about your fabulous nursery? It STAYS fabulous. Nobody climbs up and destroys your displays :) Wait, no. The thing I love most is that sweet baby in his Cougar tee. That is darling.

Reagan said...

Wendy!!! I can't believe you have a baby! You and your family are too cute! Congrats! - Callie