Friday, April 25, 2008

"Bonkers for Baby"

I'm in love all over again... with a 10 day old little boy. I had no idea my feelings for my baby would be so deep and so intense. I've always liked kids, especially toddlers, but newborns usually bored me after about five minutes. Not the case when he's your own! I couldn't be more enamoured with Anderson. My mom says I've gone "bonkers for baby." It's true! Who knew all his little coos, tight fist shakes, hiccups, sneezes, burps and even little cries could be so endearing and funny? I love listening to the noises he makes when he sleeps and watching his little delicate chest go up and down. Another surprise: I had no idea infants made so many faces! It's all so entertaining. He makes us laugh every day. I can't believe how much I've already learned about myself through caring for him. I'm so happy. I don't even mind 3AM feedings because it's another chance to stare at him. (Harley says that's the drugs in me talking...) I just feel blessed because last night he slept a whopping 5 1/2 hours straight! I actually got FOUR straight hours of uninterrupted sleep! Ah, the perks of birthing a ginormous child - they are great sleepers! I'm sure we have many sleepless nights and brutal challenges ahead, but so far I AM LOVING MOTHERHOOD!

P.S. If something huge (other than the Pope's visit) is going on in the world, someone better alert me. I've watched very little news in the last three and a half weeks, and so far, I don't miss it one bit!


Some of Anderson's many funny faces...






He hated his first bath, given by Dad...



But he quickly forgave and forgot and they made up...



Life in the Boppy, getting a manicure, listening to American Idol is good!



We think he looks more and more "Weiler" in pictures every day.
Yet in person, we can't figure out whom he takes after!



WE LOVE YOU, ANDERSON!


13 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Anderson is so cute, Wendy. I'm glad you are so happy and that things are going well!

Antigen said...

Anders....more like cuters!!!!!!!!

becky said...

He is so adorable and so are you!

Claudia said...

How did you get him to smile while wearing a "smile" shirt? You must be an amazing mom! Okay, I knew you would be! Congrats on going bonkers (and getting a few hours of sleep).

Ali said...

New pictures! I love it. Cutest smile and funny tongue picture. My fav is still "filling the diaper".

Sarah S said...

He is darling!!! Love those pictures - you must have a great camera :)

The tax deduction onesie is the best!! So cute. I'm glad everything is going so well for you! Enjoy all of that rest while you can!

Crystal said...

Jake and I totally thought babies were boring also and didn't think kids got fun till their were two. BOy were we all so wrong.

The Knisley's said...

I love the picture with him smiling and his cute "smile" t-shirt. So cute!! Congratulations again!

brookie said...

This post makes me want a baby!! He is so adorable. And I love his cute little fashion statements. He must have one stylish mama! Congrats again. Glad you are so happy and enjoying parenthood.

Ligia said...

So cute! BTW, I love the tax deduction onesie. Whoever made that is a genius.

Amanda said...

Those faces made Dave and I laugh too! What a little sweetheart!

Davis & Asialene said...

You sound sooooo happy! I can't help but smile when I see his cute pictures and think of you as a new mom.

anna banana said...

HE is beautiful, and I am so glad you are loving motherhood, I knew you would be a wonderful mother! Congrats on the sleeping, that is great! He is a natural!