Tuesday, February 5, 2008

One man's trash...

Is our baby's treasure. Like every first time parent we have A LOT to buy. It's pretty overwhelming and very expensive. We are not above random hook-ups. Therefore I was thrilled when Harley found this:


Looks great right? And it's even blue! It plays a dozen classical songs, has lots of white noise options, six speeds... our baby will be rocked and soothed for hours! Impressed? Now comes the part where I tell you where he got it. In a dumpster. That's right my poor husband is not above selling his body for science OR dumpster diving. He was returning home from class last week when he spotted it in a pile of stuff of the side of the road, apparently left by family who was recently evicted. (Okay, so he didn't actually "dive" in a dumpster... but close enough!) He was scared to tell me where he found it (something about the Diva in me being snobby about it...), and I must admit I was a little apprehensive at first. But after we scrubbed it down and washed the seat, I think it looks as good as new! One major purchase down.... countless others to go!

I'm so pleased with Harley I'll even forgive him for this post.

6 comments:

Sarah S said...

WOW!! I am totally impressed with Harley's find. A swing is a lifesaver!

I'm also laughing about Harley's post. Just wait a few more months when your belly is enormous and you're even more exhausted... I say do it now while you can! :)

Crystal and Jake said...

Great find! Babies are expensive, but wait until you file your taxes and get a child tax credit... Hooray!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Thats really funny!!

Harley said...

If I would have found a baby in it I probably would have brought that home too.

Kellie said...

What a sweet deal! Hey I say that is a killer deal. Layne's mom found us a bassinett at the Browes 'n Buy (the DI for Jackson). She washed it and gave it to us. Love those kind of deals!

jaredandmatisse said...

Jared hasn't been able to keep his hands off me since Harley's blog post. Thanks Harley! -Tisse