Wednesday, January 9, 2008

28 years, 28 weeks


Tuesday I hit a milestone. Two of them, actually. I turned 28 years old, and I arrived at 28 weeks in my pregnancy. This means I'm in the THIRD TRIMESTER (7 months, for those of you who, like me, until I became prego, weeks and 'mesters meant nothing). Disclaimer: I'm 28 weeks according to ONE of my contradicting sources at Kaiser. Harley and I actually trust this source the least, but we'll go with it here because it makes a great post theme!

The double 28 milestone gave reason to celebrate! I had a GREAT Birthday/Welcome to the 3T. Harley bussed, then metroed downtown to meet me after work at 7AM. (What a trooper!) We had a big, delicious breakfast at The Original Pancake House. They have these rich chocolate chip pancakes with fresh whipped cream that are AMAZING! I'd been craving them since I first tried them last week with my family who also came downtown at an unspeakable hour to WATCH ME produce my show. (Note, more troopers!) While feasting on OPH goodness I rejoiced in my favorite birthday tradition: opening thoughtful cards from dear friends and family. Thank you, thank you -- these make my day! And I must mention here (sorry, no picture at this time...) I LOVE my FABULOUS Gucci handbag sent early from Sara!!!


Mmmm... melt-in-your-mouth mayhem!


Thanks Alyssa for the FUN jewelry -- love it!

Mother Nature gave me a WONDERFUL birthday gift: 73 degree weather! (Notice I'm bearing bare legs in the middle of January! Sorry if it blinds you!) It was a beautiful day! I wish it would somehow, miraculously stick because we all know, I'm not a fan of winter in DC. However, I know better than to stash my coats and gloves. My Fox 5 meteorology team tells me the winter warm-up is only temporary.


I got away with a light jacket, but notice I'm about to BURST out of it. I just can't justify purchasing a maternity coat!!

I left Harley and came home to receive THREE mysterious phone calls from Harley, Cheryl and Lisa. All went something like this: "Happy Birthday! I think you may have intercepted a package from me in the mail." "No, I don't think so." "Oh but you have! It's hiding in the apartment and you're COLD!" Three times I proceeded to play "hot & cold treasure hunt" (just like in primary) to find the following:



Gift card to The Corner Bakery (one of my favorites!), hidden appropriately in the bread maker, from Lisa.


A pedicure gift certificate, to be used pre-delivery, from Cheryl! (I've been told the only pretty thing you have going on in the delivery room are your toes... and they're right in Doc's face, so make them count!) She cleverly hid this inside our Shakespeare book on a living room shelf.


Ooooh, a Nordstrom box from Harley tucked inside the entertainment center. Inside... a designer diaper bag! Wow!!! Uber impressive!

Apparently, all this hiding went down the day before my family flew home while I was sleeping. I can't believe how sneaky they were! My apartment is not that big, and they knew I'd be deep cleaning after they left, yet all three of them found tricky little spots I didn't look in! (Or maybe my cleaning wasn't that deep?) The rest of the day, I slept away. Thank you to each of you who called, facebooked, emailed, texted, blogged, sent cards and gifts. My life is so full and blessed because of you!!!

10 comments:

becky said...

Awww...I love it! Looks like you had a fantastic birthday. I'm so stealing the Hot/Cold hiding technique. :)

Let's make a date soon! Before baby King comes? And then let's make LOTS 'O dates after he arrives.

Ben, Sarah & Eli said...

what a fantastic birthday! your card is in the mail by the way, just so you can extend your birthday out all week long!

I love that you turned 28 in your 28th week of pregnancy. You look terrific! And you'll have to put a pic of your designer diaper bag up sometime - which one did Harley get for you? You have a terrific family - they are all so thoughtful!

Crystal and Jake said...

Happy Birthday- it sounds like fun. That baby countdown is happening fast! Congradulations on both 28's

The Petrini Post said...

Happy Birthday Girl! It sounds like you had an awesome day! So when are you not working crazy hours? Do you plan to keep up with it after the baby comes?

anna banana said...

You look so gorgeous! I lvoe the black dress, great side shot beautiful!

jaredandmatisse said...

Hey Darling!
Happy Birthday.
28 years, 28 weeks
You know what they say:
"There are no coincidences in the lives of truly righteous people"

jaredandmatisse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lys said...

Did Harley get you a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag? If so, I'm so jealous. . .

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Cuters.

emandteem said...

Happy belated birthday and congrats on the baby boy. I know I'm a little behind, but sooo sorry. You look great, by the way.