Tuesday, November 20, 2007

No Big Deal... Me & Melinda

Wendy_DooLittle

It's strange but since I've gotten pregnant my job has taken this drastic turn for the REALLY GREAT! This could have something to do with all the celebrities who've graced our show recently. I told you about Boyz II Men here, but did I mention Tom Cruise?!?!?! Yeah, didn't get a picture with him... didn't even meet him actually... but I can now say Melinda Doolittle and I are tight! Well, maybe not "tight" but we chatted for a good 15 minutes in the studio last week! She was so nice. I love American Idol peeps because they are not yet spoiled by fame. She's exactly what you'd expect her to be... super sweet, really down to earth and extremely humble. She was in town to have dinner at the White House (she and Laura Bush became besties during a recent trip to Africa). She told me all about dining with the President (apparently they feed you VERY little), how she stressed out about what to wear and how she just about bawled mid performance of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with the National Children's Choir. It was like talking to a girlfriend. She really impressed me because she was so appreciative to our staff and so grateful for "all God has blessed her with." Go Melinda! The world needs more famous people like you!

5 comments:

Crystal and Jake said...

It was so funny to see this pict of you and melinda, it really does look like you are just friends hanging out! What fun!

lys said...

Cute, cute, cute dress! Please tell where you got it!

Ben, Sarah & Eli said...

how fun! and you look so cute wendy :)

Anna and Al Rasmussen said...

Love your fabulous outfit!

Wendy King said...

Thanks ladies! It's actually a really short dress that I put with black leggings and ballet flats. Not a maternity top but has room to grow!:) The best part... Target=$16!!!